Emotiva XPA1 Monos vs ATI AT3002

D

Docks

Audioholic
http://www.stereophile.com/images/811532fig7.jpg

Fig.7 Mark Levinson No.532H, 1kHz waveform at 45W into 2 ohms (top), 0.0053% THD+N; distortion and noise waveform with fundamental notched out (bottom, not to scale).

Is this crossover distortion? Also HOW similar is the ATI to this ML? Does anyone have AT3002 bench test results that aren't ML?

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
http://www.stereophile.com/images/811532fig7.jpg

Fig.7 Mark Levinson No.532H, 1kHz waveform at 45W into 2 ohms (top), 0.0053% THD+N; distortion and noise waveform with fundamental notched out (bottom, not to scale).

Is this crossover distortion? Also HOW similar is the ATI to this ML? Does anyone have AT3002 bench test results that aren't ML?
It is not crossover distortion. It is a waveform plot of the spectrum of distortion the amplifier produces. JA is the only one I've seen that plots distortion that way, most do it with a frequency domain amplitude plot like this one for an Emotiva amp on AH. JA just notches out the fundamental so that only the distortion products remain. FWIW, I like the AH approach better.

I've never seen a comprehensive test report of the AT3000 series, and the similarity of the 532H to the AT3000 circuit topology & components is, frankly, conjecture.

D

Docks

Audioholic
It is not crossover distortion. It is a waveform plot of the spectrum of distortion the amplifier produces. JA is the only one I've seen that plots distortion that way, most do it with a frequency domain amplitude plot like this one for an Emotiva amp on AH. JA just notches out the fundamental so that only the distortion products remain. FWIW, I like the AH approach better.

I've never seen a comprehensive test report of the AT3000 series, and the similarity of the 532H to the AT3000 circuit topology & components is, frankly, conjecture.
I don't think we can assume it is or measures the same as the ML until it actually does. Anyone want submit their AT3002 to AH to be benched? :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis