Emotiva Sub and customer service

C

cutter

Audioholic
I've had some bad luck lately with my audio equipment. My 7 month old emotiva sub died, which was frustrating... until I emailed customer service. I had my sub fixed and back to me within 5 days. seriously fast service. It was a bad "cap" if that means anything to anyone-

Anyway, I was impressed with how quickly things were fixed and wanted to pass along the good experience here.

I am hoping to have a similar post on the loudspeaker side once I get my EF30T towers upgraded (they are sounding bad, purchased in 2008 from Audioholics.com). RBH has been easy to work with as well!

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I've had some bad luck lately with my audio equipment. My 7 month old emotiva sub died, which was frustrating... until I emailed customer service. I had my sub fixed and back to me within 5 days. seriously fast service. It was a bad "cap" if that means anything to anyone-
Interesting, mine is going back to Emotiva today for the same reason.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Emotiva had a problematic capacitor on the amp boards of some of their first runs on the Ultra subs. My test unit failed and they replaced it and it works fine now. They are upgrading anyone's amps who have experienced failures and its very easy to swap out.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Emotiva had a problematic capacitor on the amp boards of some of their first runs on the Ultra subs. My test unit failed and they replaced it and it works fine now. They are upgrading anyone's amps who have experienced failures and its very easy to swap out.
Thanks Gene. From reading other reports I'd kind of figured out that they had a small batch go out with bad amps - stuff happens and they're taking care of it so no big deal. But just to clarify did you mean upgrade or did you mean replace the bad cap? I have to wonder if this is perhaps why mine has so little output below 30hz (-3db at 30hz and drops like a rocks from there) because it would be nice if it came back able to dig a wee bit deeper. They quoted me 1-2 weeks to repair my plate amp once it gets there plus transit time which gives me an excuse to minimize my time in my home office for the next month. ;)

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks Gene. From reading other reports I'd kind of figured out that they had a small batch go out with bad amps - stuff happens and they're taking care of it so no big deal. But just to clarify did you mean upgrade or did you mean replace the bad cap? I have to wonder if this is perhaps why mine has so little output below 30hz (-3db at 30hz and drops like a rocks from there) because it would be nice if it came back able to dig a wee bit deeper. They quoted me 1-2 weeks to repair my plate amp once it gets there plus transit time which gives me an excuse to minimize my time in my home office for the next month. ;)
The bad cap on the board has to do with the auto-on trigger circuit not a HPF. The sub is intentionally limited below 30Hz to protect the driver as you can see in my measurements.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Emotiva is a top notch company for sure!!

2 weeks after i bought my XPA-5 it came on sale for $100 less than i paid. I gave them a call & they were more than willing to send me a check for the difference. I politely asked & without hesitation they said yes. Within a week or so the check was at my door.

Its so refreshing to deal with such an honest & generous company. Plus their products are amazing performers at a very reasonable price.

A+ in my book!!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Its so refreshing to deal with such an honest & generous company. ...
A+ in my book!!
Some companies care about their customers, bend over backwards; others will break first and customers don't matter. Today with the Internet, word gets around. :D

I had very good service from them when I ordered my surround speakers:) Pictures in my lower sig line.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Some companies care about their customers, bend over backwards...
They had a pretty good rep when I bought my amps back in 2007...and got ignored and bad service on both multiple times. Hopefully they've changed their ways. Seems like people are pretty happy with them, and that's good.

C

cutter

Audioholic
I asked Emotiva about an upgrade, and they told me they were not offering an upgrade, only warranty repair.

I AM happy to report, however, that RBH DID offer me an upgrade for my EF30T EMP towers that are sounding awful, buzzing an rattling around 100-180hz. They offered an upgrade to RBH MC6CT towers, I only paid the difference in cost. Pretty cool! They will be here next week-

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis