Emotiva Fusion 8100 Bi-amping

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Ok folks. I have someone who wants to go with a Fusion 8100 and UPA-500. Their speakers (6.1) are 4-Ohm nominal and the LCR allow for bi-amping. There are several ways I could go about wiring the speakers up, but wanted to get some opinions.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Without knowing room size and speaker sensitivity, why not do and xpa3 instead

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Without knowing room size and speaker sensitivity, why not do and xpa3 instead
If it were me, I would, but they're set on the price of the UPA-500. The speaker sensitivity isn't great at 86db, but the room isn't large so the 8100 and UPA-500 should be enough power.

I'm thinking use both the 8100 and UPA-500 to bi-amp the 3 fronts, then to use the remaining 2 channels on the UPA-500 for the surrounds, and finally the 8100 to power the 6th channel in the rear.

Another option is to use only the UPA-500 to power the fronts. So, use 2 channels of the UPA-500 to power the L and R, then use the remaining channel and the 8100 to power the center, and the remaining channels powered by the 8100.

Last edited:
crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Depending on the head room your looking for, assuming 9/10 ft listening distance, 3dbs of head room and 90dbspl bi amping will be beneficial with the gear. I'd still ask him to hold of till he can get a larger 2 or 3 channel amp.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis