Emotiva Fusion 8100 AV Reciver

• Thread starter Steve Pitbull Potenziano
  • Start date

Do you use Emotiva? If So Wich?

• Total voters
Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
Got a Love Emotiva Stuff INCREDIBLE VALUE INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE!
Today we look at The Fusion 8100 AVR

MSRP. $449 !! Wow.

F8100_FRONT.png

Unsurpassed Performance, Convenience, and Value
Now you can have a high-performance, 7-channel A/V receiver that gives you the performance and control you need, and includes our exclusive one-button Fusion Advance Room Correction System™, for the ultimate in convenience and performance – and all at a price you can afford. The Emotiva Fusion 8100 is the all-in-one solution that does it all.
Performance On Tap
Go ahead. Compare the Fusion 8100 to the other A/V receiver choices out there. You’ll soon find it’s unmatched, even by receivers selling for much higher prices. The Fusion 8100’s powerful Emotiva class A/B amplifier, featuring 7 x 65-watt RMS of audiophile caliber power, all channels driven, backed by an oversized toroidal power supply, puts real punch into movie action.
The powerful amp is just the start. Full compatibility with all high-res surround sound formats, precision quad core 32-bit processing power, the precise control of 11-band fully parametric EQ’s, and flexible bass management featuring selectable crossover slopes, all add up to truly unparalleled performance.
One-Button Convenience
For all of the Fusion 8100’s advanced performance, setup couldn’t be simpler. Just plug in the included measurement microphone, put it in your listening area, and press one button. The Fusion Advanced Room Correction System™ automatically calibrates the sound to the acoustics of your room, delivering a riveting movie and music experience, in seconds.
Ultimate Value
The Fusion 8100’s excellent price gets even better when you start looking at the features: internal Bluetooth 3.0 with apt-X™ for CD-quality, wireless sound from mobile devices and tablets; 3 separate audio zones; a high-quality headphone amp; and an easy-to-use on-screen display over live video. Plus, its standard 3-year transferrable warranty beats the competition by up to 3x!
The Fusion 8100. The all-in-one that does it all.

Enjoy all high-res surround sound formats. Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, DTS, DTS ES, DTS HD, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS Neo:6, S/PDIF, and PCM 8 channel.
  • Powerful 7 x 65 watt amp built-in. Rated with all channels driven, you can even use the rear amplifier channels to bi-amplify your front channel speakers or to add height channels.
  • Easy, precise, one-button room and system calibration. Fusion Advanced Room Correction System™ sets up your room for great sound in seconds (the measurement microphone is included).
  • Extensive control for fine-tuned sound. Use flexible bass management with selectable crossover slopes and powerful parametric equalization for manually fine-tuning your sound.
  • Multi-zone, multi-function for flexibility. Separate Zone 2 and Zone 3 audio outputs, as well as a 7.1 channel direct input and 7.1 channel preamp outputs, give you even more flexibility.
  • Ready for wireless. Integrated Bluetooth 3.0 for CD quality audio from mobile devices with apt-X™.
  • Fast, flexible video switching. Xpressview™ switches between 4 HDMI inputs in less than a second—no more waiting.
  • Smart video for convenience. Video-On-Standby allows video viewing even when the Fusion 8100 is in standby mode, and Last Video Memory allows viewing of one source while listening to another.
  • Ready for private listening.The Fusion 8100 includes a high-quality headphone amp.
  • Easy to use remote control and on-screen display. Comprehensive control via full-color on screen display (OSD) over live video (with adjustable transparency). All adjustments are made in real time over live video and audio

• 4 – HDMI 1.4 inputs with 3D and CEC support
  • 1 – HDMI 1.4 output with ARC
  • 4 – Line inputs (unbalanced, stereo)
  • 1 – 7.1 channel unbalanced input
    (7 channels plus sub)
  • 1 – 7.1 channel unbalanced preamp output
  • 1 – Balanced subwoofer output
  • 1 – Integrated Bluetooth receiver
  • 2 – Zone audio outputs
    (unbalanced, stereo)
  • 1 – Audio out (mix out, unbalanced, stereo)
  • 4 – Digital audio inputs
    (2 - optical Toslink; 2 - coax)
  • 1 – USB input (for firmware upgrade only)
  • 2 – Antenna inputs, AM and FM
  • 1 – Trigger input
  • 1 – Trigger output
  • 1 – IR remote input
  • 1 – IR remote output
  • 1 – RS-232 serial control input
  • 1 – Subwoofer output (line level XLR balanced)
  • 7 – Speaker outputs (4 ohms / 8 ohms) gold plated 5-way binding post
  • 1 – Remote control with CEC control panel
  • 65 watts RMS x 7 channels; <.05 THD
    (all channels driven)
  • 110 watts RMS x 2 channels; <.05 THD
  • Size:
    boxed: 22" wide x 8.5" high x 21" deep
    unboxed: 17" wide x 4" high x 16.5" deep
  • Weight: 25 lbs (34 lbs boxed

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
I can let you know give me a few.Ill call them tom

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Really ugly looking but I like the fact that it has 7.1 preouts.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Yup, it's not a looker. But, it's got PEQ and good clean power (plenty for a small-medium set up). It does have a couple minor quirks, but I really do like it.
I ran the auto-calibration at my sister's place and it went smoothly. The distances, phase, crossover etc were set correctly. The net result was a little too hot on the treble for me, but it's easy enough to tweak the results. I also changed the crossover for the E55Ti from large to 60 Hz.

Deadeye

Deadeye

Audioholic Intern
I have two Emotiva products, an XDA-2 and a UMC-200. I am completely satisfied with both. I tried two Outlaw 975's before buying the UMC-200. Neither of the Outlaw's worked properly in my system.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
No object based surround decoding (Atmos, etc)
No HDMI 2.x or HDCP 2.x
Remote and unit are fugly.

Preouts, and sub XLR output for this price range is pretty cool.
It'll be interesting to read the reviews.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
XPA-2 Gen 2. Also run a Sherbourn pre/pro, scored from Emo after the buyout.
The XPA-2 is so far, a great amp. No troubles with it.
The Sherbourn has a few quirks that take some getting used to but the sound quality from this unit is top shelf.
I certainly wish Emo all the best. For now, however, I will stick to the power amps and see how the chips fall in the AVR sector.

Teaman

Teaman

Audiophyte
I own a ton of Emotiva and Sherbourn equipment and to this point I have no complaints.....only praise.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
Well, you won't be owning the Fusion if you don't already, it's been deep sixed by Emotiva, something they seem to do regularly.

B

blade1

Audiophyte
Unfortunately, I have never gotten the chance to sample Emotiva products. I am looking for a new system, but one thing I must have is some sort of commercial volume supressor. It's so irritating with my current system when commercials come on, and they are so much louder than the source volume.
Does this Fusion 8100, or any of Emotivas pre-pros have this feature? Also, how many decibals +/- does the parametric EQ cover?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis