Elite receiver does not recognize HDMI DVD player

fastwahoo

fastwahoo

Enthusiast
This is a little confusing. My elite VSX 92 TXH does not recognize my Sony DVD player when i connect with HDMI cable. This is my second unit. The first got cooked by lightning. The first one worked great, but the second one will not pick it up. I have plugged other pieces into the HDMI socket in question and they work fine. So i know its not the receiver problem. I changed to new cable. nothing. Ideas? :eek:

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
This is a little confusing. My elite VSX 92 TXH does not recognize my Sony DVD player when i connect with HDMI cable. This is my second unit. The first got cooked by lightning. The first one worked great, but the second one will not pick it up. I have plugged other pieces into the HDMI socket in question and they work fine. So i know its not the receiver problem. I changed to new cable. nothing. Ideas? :eek:
Are you sure the sony doesnt have a problem?

fastwahoo

fastwahoo

Enthusiast
It works great. I am currently using it now. I am running HDMI directly to my plasma and going optical out. Truth be told i am switching back to component cables now because i use the Sony dvd player for listening to cd s and it will not work the way i currently have it configured. Stepping back in technology is a bummer. I have a PS3 for a dedicated optical player.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis