j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

It apparently has a lot of sharp edges, including the doors, and has been causing various injuries. Not sure I can say I have sympathy for someone who buys that fugly dishwasher with wheels ;)

I am selling the Black STI today, cash in hand. Next car has not 100% been determined. Polestar is offering some ridiculous deals right now because of additional tariffs imposed on Chinese built vehicles (note that some GM branded cars also are impacted) as well as slow sales. They have $20k off a purchase or a $1k down, $299/mo. lease. The lease is tempting because their inventory shows they have basically every version and color in stock and the outlay is pretty minor.

Changes in the tax credit that relaxed some battery sourcing requirements means the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and 6 are back on the list for the $7500 tax credit. The 2025 models apparently don't come out until August though. One of those are really what I am interested in, but the availability is a problem. I have my other car, but it is a bit of a garage queen and don't really want to put 2 months of miles on it given that I am back to the office 5 days.

This is what I am looking to buy (available in Korea now, not in US):

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@j_garcia
A bit of automobile trivia - Hyundai calls the sporty line "N." There are two good reasons for that
a) They hired 3 ex-BMW "M" execs: Albert Biermann , Fayez Abdul Rahman, and Thomas Schemera
b) Guess what comes next after "M"?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
SOLD the STI :) Cash money.

The N is for sure what I would LIKE to get, but it is going for ~$10k over MSRP if you can find one. It starts $10K over the N-line already. N-line gets all the appearance bits including interior, just not the go stupid fast bits: 600hp in motors, suspension, brakes, software that goes with it. Not sure if it will have the e-differential or not, probably not judging by the Kia EV6 GT Line.

I just went to the Hyundai dealer since it was a block from the Subaru dealership I sold the STI at (friend who works there bought it). They said probably closer to the end of the year for the new models.

The sales manager also said I can lease a current model for that 8-9 months until the 25s come out and trade it in when the one I want comes in. I did not know you could trade a lease in like that, with no penalties he claims.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just got an email from Tesla that new Ys are getting financed at .99%!
Not saying you should get one. Just that this was an offer I saw.
Still happy with mine. Certainly some things I’d like to see done differently, better. But still happy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just got an email from Tesla that new Ys are getting financed at .99%!
Not saying you should get one. Just that this was an offer I saw.
Still happy with mine. Certainly some things I’d like to see done differently, better. But still happy.
Tesla just laid off 5600 people (not including the Supercharger team) to make their numbers so their stock wouldn't drop like a rock. A friend's husband works there and they are working them on extreme shifts right now as well. They are definitely good cars and that friend said I can get a referral discount from them, but the brand just isn't for me, mainly because of Musk's randomness and the way they operate their business. And they are LOCAL for me, which also means there is a Tesla every 20 feet. 1/3 of my team at work drive them lol. I need a little differentiation.

The model 3 Highland is really nicely updated as well. The Model Y refresh I believe is coming at the end of the year, maybe next year.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Tesla just laid off 5600 people (not including the Supercharger team) to make their numbers so their stock wouldn't drop like a rock. A friend's husband works there and they are working them on extreme shifts right now as well. They are definitely good cars and that friend said I can get a referral discount from them, but the brand just isn't for me, mainly because of Musk's randomness and the way they operate their business. And they are LOCAL for me, which also means there is a Tesla every 20 feet. 1/3 of my team at work drive them lol. I need a little differentiation.

The model 3 Highland is really nicely updated as well. The Model Y refresh I believe is coming at the end of the year, maybe next year.
Oh I dig it. Like I said, not suggesting you buy.

frankly, the apr email sound like turd polishing to me. On top of the layoffs, and Musk’s fragile ego, there are also signs of some overproduction with vehicles going unsold.

*shrugs

Eager to learn what you choose! ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh I dig it. Like I said, not suggesting you buy.

frankly, the apr email sound like turd polishing to me. On top of the layoffs, and Musk’s fragile ego, there are also signs of some overproduction with vehicles going unsold.

*shrugs

Eager to learn what you choose! ;)
Hyundai hasn't been touting it, but they are offering 0% financing right now for the Ioniq 5 because they have a bit of an oversupply too :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
@j_garcia
A bit of automobile trivia - Hyundai calls the sporty line "N." There are two good reasons for that
a) They hired 3 ex-BMW "M" execs: Albert Biermann , Fayez Abdul Rahman, and Thomas Schemera
b) Guess what comes next after "M"?

N for Nurburgring? That's where my mind always went.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis