R

RajLaxim

Audiophyte
Hi everyone here, I have a question that possibly you know the answer:

If a have 2 audio files with the same song, one with music & voice, and another only with music, is there any kind of "subtracting" function to make a new wave sound containing only the voice? (We are supposing that both input files are identical and synchronized)

Any little idea will be well received.

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
Goldwave (www.goldwave.com) has got some functionality for adding mathematical formulas to be run, but I'm not sure if it'll take waves as an input.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
If you have two different files where one contains the music and vocals and the others the music only then you can create a third file that contains only the vocals by inverting the music only file and paste-mixing it into the file with music and voice.

It will only work perfectly if the two files are indeed identical - the length is the same and the music part of the waveform in the music only file lines up perfectly with the music part of the waveform in the music and voice file.

I use Sound Forge for audio editing and even the Studio version ($80) has all the functions necessary to do it.

Just as an aside, the opposite question of 'how do I remove vocals' from a file containing music and vocals is the most often asked question on the Sound Forge forums and in general the answer to that is you cannot.

S

Sony

Audiophyte
I found this subtracting option between two channels in FlexiMusic Audio Editor (Menu > Transform> Channel Mix). You need to bring both files in to one file as left and right to one audio file (using copy and paste) and then use this function.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis