M

math wizard

Audioholic Intern
I'm considering purchasing an eD A3-300 or A5-350 subwoofer to replace my Polk PSW404. From what I've read, they are excellent HT subs. My question is, how musical are they? In this price range ($500 - $700), are there any other comparable subs to consider?

jinjuku

jinjuku

I have the eD A5-350. It is a killer HT sub. I think that there may be more 'Musical' subs out there. You can always port stuff the sub and tighten it up a bit. Check the usual: SVS, HSU, Epik, AV123 etc... With your price range you have a ton of options.

How much HT vs. Music will you be listening to?

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I can't directly comment on owning one of eD's HT subs, but I can comment on using their drivers in the same capacity for a couple ported DIY subs.

I've built a couple of subs using their 13Ov.2 drivers (box tuned to 25Hz, cylinder tuned to 22Hz) and they both perform very well with music as well as HT. While I expected it to do fairly well, I was pleasantly surprised at it's punch for music at both tuning points.

Depending on if the enclosure is built properly and tuned appropriately for the driver and enclosure, a ported sub should perform just as well for music as it does HT/movies... -TD

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis