A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Tis the season for gamers to be jolly as E3 '09 is in full swing. This week Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all had their big press releases bragging about themselves, their games, their upcoming peripherals, and basically trying to convince all of us that their console is the best. This is a summary of what Nintendo revealed.

Discuss "E3 2009: Nintendo" here. Read the article.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
WOW! Tom managed to keep his hatred of the Wii in check and even admit that some of the games looked fun and interesting. I am impressed! :p

On a serious level though, I was fine with Nintendo's E3 show, but not excited at all. There was nothing that made me think less of Nintendo's near future, but nothing that really grabbed my attention either. It was basically a retreat into their established franchises and after so many years, it's a little hard to really be enthusiastic about yet another Mario game. Metroid: Other M was definitely the highlight in my eyes with RedSteel 2 following right behind. I'm also pretty sure that Tiger Woods with Motion Plus control will easily become the highest selling 3rd party title EVER.

But where the heck was Pikmin? I would seriously have bet $100 we were going to see Pikmin 3 announced for a 2009 launch, but...nothing! And while it was brought up purely as a joke over at IGN, I was actually thinking we might see the long lost DD64 game, Marionette. I mean, c'mon! A Mario themed puppeteering game with Wii Motion Plus controls? It practically sells itself!

Final thought: while the Vitality Sensor was described as something that could help players learn to relax or even fall asleep, anyone who remembers BioTetris knows that this is not a new peripheral and it can most certainly be used to also ramp up the stress level and make games more challenging! It's rather funny to see Nintendo trying this idea yet again.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
GOLDEN SUN!!! **** YES!!!!
Yeah, best E3 news. period. I am soooooooooooooo exited it's not even funny :D

In other news, metroid looks sweet and I and the new mario's look sweet (of course).

but...GOLDEN SUN DS!!!! OMG!
I have been waiting for this game for 6 years now... I was in the car with my mom going granite shopping when my friend who was watching the press conference called me and told me that. I was freaking out so hard core. THIS WILL BE EPIC!

H

Hwypirt

Audioholic Intern
Tis the season for gamers to be jolly as E3 '09 is in full swing. This week Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all had their big press releases bragging about themselves, their games, their upcoming peripherals, and basically trying to convince all of us that their console is the best. This is a summary of what Nintendo revealed.

Discuss "E3 2009: Nintendo" here. Read the article.
My crew and I have done the Nintendo booth set up for past 10 years and it was nice to see the show starting to get bigger again. We only had three days to put the booth in so we had two shifts around the clock.
The booth was was super popular and packed for the entire three days. There were cool games, hot models and Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario) put a hilarious message on my phone. All in all it was a great show and Nintendo has plans on making the booth much more elaborate next year (so will Sony) as we have 8 days to move in. E3 is back!:D

SunnyOctopus

SunnyOctopus

Audioholic
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I enjoy so few games! Developers need to step it up.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I enjoy so few games! Developers need to step it up.
3rd party developers will not touch the Wii unless MS and Sony leave the industry. Nintendo pigeonholed themselves with kiddy games for too long and that is the perception they have. I used to think that it was due to Sony and MS's console sales last generation that determined where the 3rd party games go, but that is clearly not the case since Nintendo is mopping the floor with them now in sales but 3rd party still won't touch them.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
3rd party developers will not touch the Wii unless MS and Sony leave the industry. Nintendo pigeonholed themselves with kiddy games for too long and that is the perception they have. I used to think that it was due to Sony and MS's console sales last generation that determined where the 3rd party games go, but that is clearly not the case since Nintendo is mopping the floor with them now in sales but 3rd party still won't touch them.
Well it doesn't help that it's harder to make games that interact with a non standard controller system.

Plus the PS3 and XBox 360 are glorified step ups of previous systems so development is much cheaper.

MS is really easy with the Direct X stuff.

Still Nintendo is making a lot of money with their strategy. I can't fault them for that.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Well it doesn't help that it's harder to make games that interact with a non standard controller system.

Plus the PS3 and XBox 360 are glorified step ups of previous systems so development is much cheaper.

MS is really easy with the Direct X stuff.

Still Nintendo is making a lot of money with their strategy. I can't fault them for that.
Actually the PS3 is the most difficult to develop for and also the most expensive and time consuming.

Both the Wii and the 360 have superior dev tools.

D

DKqwerty

Audiophyte
I think I'm most excited about Super Mario Galaxy 2. SMG is, to me, possibly the greatest game I've ever played, certainly the best platformer. I spent the first two hours of the game with a huge grin plastered across my face.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis