Dynaco A25 Woofer needed

R

Rick Potter

Audiophyte
Looking for the 10" woofer for the Dynaco A25. It was a Seas 25 TV-EW. Or perhaps someone could recommend a comparable replacement. But then I'd have to replace both.

Thanks,
Rick

R

Rick Potter

Audiophyte
Yea I saw that. Last year I bought a A25 woofer on Ebay for $40 for my other speaker, was hoping to buy another one to keep the speakers stock. Haven't seen a woofer on Ebay for 3 weeks now.

Rick

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
How damaged are the woofs? Re-coning the old woofs may be an option (for typically much less than those replacement woofs too).

For less than the cost of a pair of replacement woofs from Madisound, you could get a pair of the Philharmonic AA monitors, which are probably better speakers than the old A25, and still have a hundred bucks or so in your pocket.

R

Rick Potter

Audiophyte
Ok, I'm running a Kenwood 5600 on the A25's and have tolerated the buzzing from a woofer for a year or so. Saturday I removed the woofer and when pushing I noticed a little voice coil rub and a wire barley attached to the terminal.

So with nothing to loose I soldered the wire from underneath back on the terminal. Seemed to fix the problem, but now the Woofer distortion/buzz is noticeable at mid volume again. Running a Kenwood 5600.

Was hoping to find another woofer on Ebay as the cost for repair/mailing would most likely be more than $100.

Rick

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah, from your description it sounds like the voice coil is rubbing. Re-coning would solve that problem as well, assuming the parts for repair are available. You may be able to mod your cabs to make the new Seas drivers fit, if re-coning is not an option.

Reputable shops that do re-coning: Simply Speakers (in LA, CA, or is it Florida...not sure, but it's one of those coastal, sunny places), Midwest Speaker Repair (Minneapolis, MN).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis