krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Hey guys I was wondering if there is a DVI wall plate with the regular female on the outside wall side, and punch downs on the inside. I want to be able to just punch a line down on the inside wall side. Thanks guys

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I am supposed to put up a monitor on the wall at work, as like a greetings and general info monitor. I am running it from a compuer and all the wires need to be able to fit through conduit. So obviously a large DVI plug won't do. I thought a walll plate would be an ideal solution, but I guess you can't just buy a wall plate and bulk DVI cable and punch down both ends internally like CAT cable. Any help here would be awesome!!

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Well does anybody know how I would run video from a computer through conduit, to a wall mounted monitor? Anybody?

majorloser

majorloser

You run a UL CL-2 rated DVI-D or DVI-I cable through the wall ("D" if you are only using the digital), with or without conduit. The CL-2 rated cable doesn't need conduit. Use a low-voltage box with a DVI wallplate. Terminate the in-wall cable to the female connector in the inside of the wall plate. Run a small patch cable from the wallplate to the monitor and one for the computer.

You could use an HDMI cable and use a HDMI-DVI adapter on the ends if it absolutely has to pass through small conduit.

To be honest, I have never came across just the connectors. Don't think I'd want to play with those tiny wires anyway. A lot worse than Cat-5.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis