DVD Hard Drive System...

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
So, I was in one of my local home theater stores listening to Def Techs and Paradigms -- shopping for new mains. In the room with the Paradigms there was the coolest system and I was wondering if anyone knows the maker of these units as I would be intersted in looking into it....as I asked and cannot remember....:rolleyes::confused:

Basically, its a 1TB hard drive unit with a DVD bay and you rip your DVDs onto the hard drive and you always have instant access to all your movies. The interface was very cool -- like iTunes -- with each movie jacket/poster being the layout -- plus you can browse by genre/actor/any number of ways through your movies. You can even cue your favorite scenes which was particularly cool as we listened to War of the Worlds, Live Free Die Hard, and a few others and he already had the best scenes in memory...

In any event, it was a super cool system I thought and look forward to seeing if anyone knows what it is...

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Ok well I finally found what it was....the system is called Kaleidescape and you can connect these system through your entire home network for use in any room in your house...check out the site...

http://www.kaleidescape.com/products/mini-system/index.php

The Mini System here can be expanded up to 4TB I believe...I would love have this and simply box up all my DVDs and CDs...

EDIT: Just found a review $8K for this thing!!! Are they joking....its very cool with a slick interface...but a computer cost a whole lot less. So it's a very cool and VERY overpriced piece of gear...

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis