DVD-changer suggestions

M

mhuntoon

Enthusiast
I've been trying to research various DVD-changers in an effort to save as many of my remaining discs as possible (3 kids aged 2-8). I have approximately 125 now, but we also have music cds and I'm sure both collections will continue to grow so I'm looking at the 300-400 capacity models.

The models I've found so far in my research (just started yesterday):
Sony DVP-CX850D
Sony DVP-CX860
Sony DVP-CX985V
Sony DVP-CX777ES
Kenwood DV 5900M
Marantz VC8100

Starting at epinions.com, I've been reading customer reviews of each of the above models. The Marantz had no reviews as yet and the Sony DVP-860 was absolutely hammered by those who left reviews. Most of the Sonys scored poorly in regard to inputing titles. Otherwise, most people seem pretty happy with them.

Anyone out there have a model I should look into? Any personal experiences with any of these models?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just stumbled across this site a dozen or so hours ago and this is my second thread. The first was well received and I've gotten some great advice from some very nice people. This is a great resource for people like me.

J

jjadams

Enthusiast
My first post on this forum, my suggestion Sony CX-475 P.....Progressive Scan 300 +1 with 'flip' switch for seeing the other side without removing the disc. Service Menu entrance..Title, Clear, then Power. Click on #4 'Emergency History for total hours of both DVD and CD lasers, AKA Odometer. :)

U

Unregistered

I own the Sony DVP CX777ES and am quite happy with it. I use it mostly for listening to SACD music and think that the DAC's are pretty good. One thing to point out--unlike some of the other changes offered by Sony, this changer does not allow one to delete music tracks and only has three "groups" to which a particular disc may be assigned for random play. IMO--a real step back from some of the CD players offered for years.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis