DVD Audio disk- HDMI to my tv, then back to my integrated amp via toslink cable.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I have a Denon DBT 1713UD. If I use a DVD Audio disk- HDMI to my tv, then back to my integrated amp via toslink cable in stereo, is that going to make it lossy and not 96khz? My integrated does not have a HDMI input. Not a huge deal, because I have an sacd player and not too many DVD Audio disks. Just wondering. Thanks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried it? If you send PCM to the TV, it should work. If you try to send MLP or DSD, it will not. For audio, you would want to use analog from the player to the integrated to get the best sound from DVD-A or SACD playback.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I did try it and it worked. I am just using it for PCM with DVD Audio for music. I have an separate sacd player for those. I did it real fast and did not listen to see how it sounded. The analog out two channel rca out on the Denon DBT 1713UD is really bad. I'm not sure what would be better. I had a Denon DVD 3910 that I used for DVD Audio with the 2 channel rca outs. That sounded really good. I have used the 1713UD for dvd's only in the past. I'm not sure if the cd part of the DVD Audio packages I have would be better though my cd player. Just trying to see what works best. Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Two ch or multich dvd audio? What is so bad about the analog out on the Denon player?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nothing coming from the TV will be better than analog from the player.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
2 channel
And the analog out? Can't imagine routing it thru a tv could be an improvement....

After I posted I remembered even tho I only use dvd-audio and sacd discs for multich, there's usually a 2ch option too :)

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I heard the dac and the output of the stereo were not too well put together. It probably is better than the tv though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I heard the dac and the output of the stereo were not too well put together. It probably is better than the tv though.
What does that mean about the dac and "not too well put together"? This is what you "hear" by using it or are going by what you "heard" thru the internet or ?

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Good point. I read about it years ago. I'll give it a try. I hate to get rid of some of those dvd audio like Yes and King Crimson. The Steven Wilson remasters sound really good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good point. I read about it years ago. I'll give it a try. I hate to get rid of some of those dvd audio like Yes and King Crimson. The Steven Wilson remasters sound really good.
If you do decide to dispose of the dvd audio discs, let me know, could be interested.

I'd just hook it up and ignore that sort of "information" as it was likely just someone's subjective opinion without basis.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
If you do decide to dispose of the dvd audio discs, let me know, could be interested.

I'd just hook it up and ignore that sort of "information" as it was likely just someone's subjective opinion without basis.
So true. When I get a chance I'll try the rca outs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis