Duffinator's HT and Stereo Systems

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
The room looks fantastic Rick and I love the Duffy Modded JBL's. It is also great that your are sharing the space and hobby with the young family members.

Nice Job! :cool:

Matt34

Matt34

I've already drooled over your JBL's so I won't comment but how do you like the Salamander Synergy A/V Cabinet? I'm looking at one to keep my little girl out of my gear, she love messing with the AVR and DirecTV DVR. The locking doors option is very appealing to me.;)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Terrific looking space, Rick. Congrats on the speakers and setups! You know I'm a big JBL fan. Have you noted any difference in the room's/speakers' audio presentation since adding the panels? (Didn't make a whit of difference in mine...but my room is much larger. I think the calculator said I needed something like 460 2/4 panels, lol. :eek:))

Good to see you drop in on occasion. :)

Happy 2010 to you and yours.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've already drooled over your JBL's so I won't comment but how do you like the Salamander Synergy A/V Cabinet? I'm looking at one to keep my little girl out of my gear, she love messing with the AVR and DirecTV DVR. The locking doors option is very appealing to me.;)
The Salamander works well, I have two of them. They are very functional and flexible but the one complaint people have with them is the veneers are pretty thin and damage easily. My experience is similar. You can usually find them used for half the price of new so check Agon, craigslist, and ebay.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Terrific looking space, Rick. Congrats on the speakers and setups! You know I'm a big JBL fan. Have you noted any difference in the room's/speakers' audio presentation since adding the panels? (Didn't make a whit of difference in mine...but my room is much larger. I think the calculator said I needed something like 460 2/4 panels, lol. :eek:))

Good to see you drop in on occasion. :)

Happy 2010 to you and yours.
I noticed an immediated difference in my 11x12 room. The mid frequencies cleaned up which made the highs and lows more noticeabale. Overall I'm very pleased with the improvement. Thanks Rob! ;)

I'm still here fairly often but just don't post much.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
So what are you going to do with the Sansui amplifier now?

Duffinator

Duffinator

So what are you going to do with the Sansui amplifier now?
I've always wanted to test the big Denon in my stereo setup. It's different sounding than the Sansui BA-3000 but not necessarily better. While the Denon has a bit more detail and slightly stronger bass the Sansui is more fluid sounding. The Denon will go back into my HT and if I sell the Sansui I'll buy a McIntosh MC2255, 7270, 7300 or something along those lines. I might go for a newer one as well but I really don't want a 100+ pound amp.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I really like how you used that little monitor to look at the AppleTV. I've been wanting to do that.

Did you just run HDMI out of the receiver? Is the monitor HDMI or did you HDMI > DVI?

Your speakers are super cool!

Duffinator

Duffinator

I really like how you used that little monitor to look at the AppleTV. I've been wanting to do that.

Did you just run HDMI out of the receiver? Is the monitor HDMI or did you HDMI > DVI?

Your speakers are super cool!
Thanks. I spent stupid money buying a used 20" Apple Cinema monitor (but a lot less than a new one). I could have bought a new non Apple monitor for a lot less but I really like the look of the Apple monitors and it goes well with my system. It's DVI so I have a HDMI to DVI cable from the ATV.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Did you build your house the way to fit your fear up front or just happens tI slide in looks good love the yellow :D

Duffinator

Duffinator

Did you build your house the way to fit your fear up front or just happens tI slide in looks good love the yellow :D
Thanks. There was a typical 90's construction cubby hole in that space with an elevated hearth in front of the fireplace. I remodeled the space and removed it all. While there was a half wall to the right in the photo and I installed a full wall so you cannot see behind the equipment. It turned out clean, simple and very functional. BTW there's now a 65" Panny plasma in that space.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis