Dual Voice Coil 12 inch subwoofer, Extra large roll surround. $50.00 Double stack mag

T

Transducergeek

Enthusiast
Dual Voice Coil 12 inch subwoofer, Extra large roll surround. Double stack mag $50.00

I need $50.00 to give it up. I got this 16 pound 12 inch woofer at an electronics swap meet here in Los Angeles I go to occasionally. I thought I would use it, but I now have no time for projects. It has a sticker on it that says SAE 1204. Then a series of numbers that seem like part numbers... It is a "pull" from a home Hi-Fi powered sub-woofer system. Speaker only, no enclosure. I was told the amp in the system stopped working and the owner never fixed it. So he sold it to the guy I bought it from who "parted" it out. I failed to get the brand name, but he said it was an expensive model. Who knows, but it does look like a quality unit, Huge double magnet stack, 61/4 inch diameter and 2 inches thick, and a quality cast alloy basket frame, and 4 gold push-in terminals. With dual VC's a stereo amp output can be run into this one woofer and maintain the stereo signal as separate, to send to other pairs of speakers. As an OEM the woofer has no brand stated on it either, unless SAE is a brand. So, we have an unknown brand Dual Voice Coil 8 ohm sub woofer speaker for sale. This could be good for a repalcement for a "blown" speaker, or a good project component part in a custom cabinet. I think a woofer like this would cost about $150 new at a parts dealer. Let me know if interested. rolf_video@yahoo.com
Or call (310) 372-9113 in Los Angeles.
It has a few bits of gasket and glue residue from the original instalation, and so is not cosmetically flawless, but has no effect on performance. I have tested and run the woofer with music and it works perfectly.... Local pick-up is prefered, but I will pack it for free, and buyer pays shipping only. Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis