Supravista

Supravista

Enthusiast
Hello

I run a 5.1 speaker setup, with front hight speakers. I usually set my xbox to 5.1 uncompressed, and my receiver to Dolby PLIIz. If a Blu Ray only says HDS-HD should I change my xbox and receiver to HDS-HD, or will Dolby hight work? Looking for the best quality of the two, even if it says DTS-HD on the blu ray.

Thanks for any suggestions!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hello

I run a 5.1 speaker setup, with front hight speakers. I usually set my xbox to 5.1 uncompressed, and my receiver to Dolby PLIIz. If a Blu Ray only says HDS-HD should I change my xbox and receiver to HDS-HD, or will Dolby hight work? Looking for the best quality of the two, even if it says DTS-HD on the blu ray.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Hi!

I have never heard of HDS-HD, and I'm not understanding what the problem is. If you've got sound options, try each one and see which sounds better!

selden

selden

Audioholic
Which upmixer you use is very much a personal choice. Pick the one that sounds best to you. They use slightly different algorithms to decide what sounds get moved or copied to the overhead speakers.

FWIW, there were a few movies released by Lionsgate which had their soundtracks optimized for use with the DTS upmixer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis