DSF files, Tesla Media Player

D

depechefan

Audioholic
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes:
Thinking of buying a Tesla Model Y. I have a pretty large collection of music and part of the collection consists of DSF files (some multichannel - sound great). Is it possible to play those files using the built-in media player? (Or some other player). Currently using Android Auto in my VW but I understand that this is not an option in a Tesla...
Thanks in advance

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes:
Thinking of buying a Tesla Model Y. I have a pretty large collection of music and part of the collection consists of DSF files (some multichannel - sound great). Is it possible to play those files using the built-in media player? (Or some other player). Currently using Android Auto in my VW but I understand that this is not an option in a Tesla...
Thanks in advance
Have you tried to contact Tesla about your question?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Based on that, the answer to OP - is NO. Tesla's audio system wouldn't play SACD/DSF/DSD files.
The next best thing would be to convert DSF to FLAC. Despite that, some may say you could lose quality, and I'd wager in honesty that in a blind test with a sufficient number of participants, the difference would not be distinguished.

D

depechefan

Audioholic
Thanks all. It's what I expected. Just was hoping that I could avoid converting music to play it in my car. Guess I will use Apple Music instead

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis