Don't seem to be getting Dolby Atmos sound depth

R

Robert Thomson

Audiophyte
I have a Devon AVR-S720W, Xbox One S with the Beta toggle for Passthrough (passes audio straight to amp) and Onkyo SKH-410 Atmos speakers that sit on your regular 5.1 speakers. Unfortunately even though the "DDAtmos" light comes on in the amp I don't seem to be getting the Atmos sound, frankly not much seems different than the regular DD 5.1. I think the sound field depth seems higher but seems to be more towards the front of the room, I have tested with the "John Wick" rain scene and the opening to Star Trek Beyond (Kirk in the cave like chamber).

Any ideas? I've tried boosting the db level of the atmos speakers to 3.5. Will probably try angling the atmos speaker so it points more towards the center of the room and possible manual calibration of speakers with iphone based decibel meter app.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Assuming you have an 8 or 9' ceiling that's fla you should hear something, although the "modules" don't seem to be great (some reports) at creating the effect. Have you listened to just the modules during scenes?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis