Dolby Pro Logic IIz or rip off?

J

jamie2112

Banned
Its a rip in my opinion....... Its just an effect, Bunch of crap fogettaboutit no way not gonna have it waste of time this will not stand . The dude abides.......:D:D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Any official confirmation?

So, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, which was showed In Las Vegas at the CES,
is a false rumor, a true thing coming or what?

I'm confused to say the least! :confused:

Can anyone shade some concrete light, please?

________ Bob

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Actually this technology debuted at our SOTU event 2 years ago! Dolby and AIX Records teamed up and recorded 7.1 channels of discrete music just for our event and added the height channels. At the time they didn't call it PLIIz or anything for that matter. They used a Denon AVR-5805 specially configured to run it along with B&W Nautilus speakers. The speakers were a bit dwarfed by the room size but the presentation was quite impressive.

In order for this to work well, you need at least 10ft or higher ceilings in your house. Its alot of speakers to say the least and a challenge enough to get people to do 7.1 let alone 9.1 or higher!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Definitely sounds like Yamaha's prescence channels, but those can only be used with their Cinema DSP's. This sounds pretty cool, but I don't think I would be interested in this.

B

brendy

Audioholic
Nothing more than Yamaha's presence channels repackaged.

S

santeini

Audioholic Intern
What,s next Dolby Pro Logic II zx, they have to show you that your next purchase will come with bell,s and whistle,s previously unavailable. Let,s be frank here,how much more can they manipulate the good old stereo signal. Pure crab if you ask me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis