does the denon 4311 still rein supreme?

D

deathwantsme

Audioholic Intern
As far as no real sacrifice at a still affordable price, does it get better than the 4311?

G

Goliath

Full Audioholic
As far as no real sacrifice at a still affordable price, does it get better than the 4311?
Yes, the X4000. Significantly cheaper, offers XT32 room correction and includes some features which are not found in the 4311 like Zone 2 HDMI, Instaprevue, DTS Neo:X etc.

The 4311 offers more power and the option of expanding to 11.2 which may or may not be relevant. Comparatively speaking the power increase between receivers are negligible - virtually all receivers fall within 2-3 dB of each other, which is no great shakes.

The 4311 probably has 1 dB of additional overhead.

D

deathwantsme

Audioholic Intern
Yeah, 15w of power is negligible when you get higher up. The x4000 offers 11.2 preouts, but only 9.2 playback. I guess you have to use the other 2 speakers for zone 2 then?

G

Goliath

Full Audioholic
deathwantsme said:
Yeah, 15w of power is negligible when you get higher up. The x4000 offers 11.2 preouts, but only 9.2 playback. I guess you have to use the other 2 speakers for zone 2 then?
If it's 15W then it's even less than 1 dB overhead. :D Yep, use the other two speakers for Zone 2. Any particular reason why you are looking at the 4311?

D

deathwantsme

Audioholic Intern
Last I looked, it was the clear winner for almost everything. I wasn't sure if it still was. I'd probably eventually want 11.2. Some friends of mine and I want to really play around with audio direction when watching movies, so the two extra speakers wouldn't hurt.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Last I looked, it was the clear winner for almost everything. I wasn't sure if it still was. I'd probably eventually want 11.2. Some friends of mine and I want to really play around with audio direction when watching movies, so the two extra speakers wouldn't hurt.
It's the last Denon model that still plays HDCD if that means anything, not to me. It also has a prepro mode, 4 ohm rated, and 7.1 analog in, again only if those mean anything to you. If 11.2 is really important to you, then it probably is the winner between it and the X4000 otherwise it is not so clear.​

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
4311, the king of the bargains. I have two and they still work great.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The X4000 is great. But for about $1200 brand new, yes, I think the Japanese-made-$2100-MSRP 4311 is still supreme.

IOW, if I had a choice between the X4000 vs. 4311, I would get the 4311.

D

deathwantsme

Audioholic Intern
The 4311 is about 300 cheaper if I get from a4l as well, so there's that. Zone 2 video out would end up being handy later in life though...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis