Do you ever wonder?

T

techie

Audiophyte
Does anybody ever wonder what A/V gear the camera operators,editors,telcine artists and the rest of the people who actually make and edit the movies we see and then buy on dvd, have at home themselves? Because in most forums, we go back and forth about what is the latest and greatest gear to watch that $20-$40 shiny disc on.I would like to see articles on the gear the movie industry people use to watch and listen to thier own films at home.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I think alot of sound editing studios for movies use M&K.

SheepStar

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sheep said:
I think alot of sound editing studios for movies use M&K.

SheepStar

Yes, but. What gear do those people use in their personal gear at home? :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
techie said:
Does anybody ever wonder what A/V gear the camera operators,editors,telcine artists and the rest of the people who actually make and edit the movies we see and then buy on dvd, have at home themselves? Because in most forums, we go back and forth about what is the latest and greatest gear to watch that $20-$40 shiny disc on.I would like to see articles on the gear the movie industry people use to watch and listen to thier own films at home.

Many years ago I read an interview of John Eargle, chief engineer at Delos, at least back then. He used JBL Ti 250 and the 18" JBL sub to take home the digital masters and see if it needed modifications.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
When they get home, perhaps the last damn thing they want to see or hear is audio equipment!

Nick

Hardly any of us had real systems back when we were cutting sound for feature films. There wasn't time and we all went to the movies for entertainment. It was only after I got out of the industry that it started to be a topic I became educated about.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
A friend of mine does audio for a local TV station and has worked on a number of independant films as a sound editor. His equipment is a bad joke.

He basically has a lot of junk that I and other friends have given or sold to him. He was using a first generation CD player, one of those Sony front loaders that sounded pretty bad, IMO. When it died, his brother gave him his old Sony 5 disc changer, and he had to admit, it sounded a lot better than his older one.

He's using A Pioneer HT in a box and a christmas special 27" TV that was on sale for 139.95.

he says it "sounds ok to me"..Sheesh.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis