Do ANY new surround receivers have a tape monitor loop?

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to find a new receiver that has a TAPE MONITOR loop so I can keep the external EQ in the system I'm working on. The speakers need to have this eq (they are not the bose 901's with the required eq - just thought I'd say that before anybody starts bashing bose on here).

Anyhow, I need a surround sound receiver (just 5 channels needed) that has capabilities for a tape loop/monitor. I see some older Pioneers and Panasonic ones on eBay, but I'd like to find a new one if possible, and the Panasonic ones I'm seeing use digital amps (Class H+ they say), and I'd like to stay away from digital amps right now (especially those made back 3 years ago! they sound much better now than they did then).

Any help would be appreicated.
Brad

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
zildjian said:
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to find a new receiver that has a TAPE MONITOR loop so I can keep the external EQ in the system I'm working on. The speakers need to have this eq (they are not the bose 901's with the required eq - just thought I'd say that before anybody starts bashing bose on here).

Anyhow, I need a surround sound receiver (just 5 channels needed) that has capabilities for a tape loop/monitor. I see some older Pioneers and Panasonic ones on eBay, but I'd like to find a new one if possible, and the Panasonic ones I'm seeing use digital amps (Class H+ they say), and I'd like to stay away from digital amps right now (especially those made back 3 years ago! they sound much better now than they did then).

Any help would be appreicated.
Brad

I am not aware of a multi channel receiver recently made. And, if there is one, it will not be for all 5 channels.

Are you trying to implement an EQ for all the channels?

B

Boubou

Audiophyte
Don't know about tape monitor but I am curently using just the amp section of a cheap panasonic receiver. Yes digital amps. They have the power and sound very good, uncolored. Can't beat it. 5 amps for less than $250.00.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
I'm trying to impliment an eq for just the main L&R channels, but I wouldn't care if it affected all channels.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
zildjian said:
I'm trying to impliment an eq for just the main L&R channels, but I wouldn't care if it affected all channels.

Unfortunately what you need to do is pre amp out, EQ, power amp in. So, in most cases, you need an external amp as there is no amp in on many receivers today, or most.:(

B

Boubou

Audiophyte
Most receivers nowadays have the 6 amp in's used for the 5.1 output of a DVD-audio or SACD capable transporter.

Most lower priced receivers don't have the necessary 5.1 pre-amp output that you need for such a setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis