H

Harrison20

Enthusiast
Just gotta ask , passed by the magnolia section at best buy the other day and they had a Macintosh set up playing with Martin Logan's that sounded terrific. Unfortunately I don't have 3 grand laying around to spend on a tube amp that just can't be that difficult to replicate

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Just gotta ask , passed by the magnolia section at best buy the other day and they had a Macintosh set up playing with Martin Logan's that sounded terrific. Unfortunately I don't have 3 grand laying around to spend on a tube amp that just can't be that difficult to replicate
How did you double post this 19 minutes apart? ;)

Difficult is kind of relative with lots of variables and possibilities. ;)

Why would you want to attempt one in the first place? From one listen to a mac? Perhaps you could get similar sounds from other amps? One you might have at home?

I wouldn't jump into a project like this without some solid background. Need a good circuit design, good parts, a chassis Hole punches for the tube sockets and on it goes. Not sure what kits are out there anymore.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Buy an emotiva amp and turn the face leds around so they glow inside, done... {and it will sound even better}

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis