dish network remote problem, options?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I have vip 722 which is great. i bought URC R-50 for main room and it is incredible. The problem I am having is with the second dish remote for upstairs. The box in the main room doesnt recognize the second remote VERY WELL. I have to point it all over the place to change the channel or get up and point it down the stairs. Or when it recognizes it a guide box for the current program will keep popping up.
i would get another R50 but that one doesnt communicate through walls. What are my options here?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The 722 comes with two remotes, #1 is IR and #2 is RF. Try programming the RF #2 upstairs.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I thoght they were both IR. Yes the antenna is attached. It recognizes the remote but not well.
If you have one with a blue tab on the bottom, it's both IR and RF.
The RF will work upstairs.
The green one is IR only

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
it does have a blue tab but still does not work well.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
well the problem may lie in that the dish receiver sits inside the console of the ET center. Therefore the antenna does not sit straight up and the antenna is in a boxed area of the center.
I have tried batteries already.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Dang I just threw away 2 of the greens and one of the blues all brand new. If I'd known I'd have sent them to you.

O

otisnavi

Audiophyte
I have vip 722 which is great. i bought URC R-50 for main room and it is incredible. The problem I am having is with the second dish remote for upstairs. The box in the main room doesnt recognize the second remote VERY WELL. I have to point it all over the place to change the channel or get up and point it down the stairs. Or when it recognizes it a guide box for the current program will keep popping up.
i would get another R50 but that one doesnt communicate through walls. What are my options here?
does anyone know if there is an amplifier for the signal available?

O

otisnavi

Audiophyte
does anyone know if there is an amplifier for the signal available

M

Murrel

Audioholic Intern
If you open the battery compartment on the remote you will see a slot with a switch.......A or B change the position this may help your problem.

Murrel

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
If you open the battery compartment on the remote you will see a slot with a switch.......A or B change the position this may help your problem.

Murrel
Thanks. Problem was that I ad the Behringer EQ on top of the dish reciever. this was making the antenna not stand upright. I moved the EQ to a differ spot and VIOLA problem solved.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis