Disappointing CE Pro Sub List

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
CE Pro just published an article about 20 Subs worthy to "reproduce music in stereo systems, multiroom audio systems, and the most advanced home theater systems."
Their manufacturer list is at the bottom.

Note the complete absence of sub focused ID brands (i e. HSU, Monolith, Outlaw, SVS, Rythmik, etc.).
- Some of the article featured subs have 6.5 inch drivers and are flat down to a whopping 40Hz (oh my!).

Talk about a self licking ice cream cone. What a crock.
- Not throwing shade on individual listed companies, but rather on the absurd "selectivity" of CE Pro's list.

CE Pro's 20 subwoofers list:
Aerial Acoustics
Bowers & Wilkins
Definitive Technology
Focal
James Loudspeaker
K-array
KEF
Klipsch
Meridian
Origin Acoustics
Paradigm
Pro Audio Technology
PSB Speakers
RBH Sound
Revel
Savant
Sonos
Sonus faber
SpeakerCraft
Triad

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't know what you are expecting. Of course, they will promote the manufacturers who advertise with them. Few of these industry lists should be taken seriously. Except when written by me, of course. Then it should be taken as though Moses had come down from Mt. Sinai with new tablets inscribed by god.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seems a crap list to me, but wouldn't look to CE Pro for much of anything in the first place....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, at least they have RBH. :D

The RBH SV-1212NR and SV-1212PR are real subs.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
I don't know what you are expecting. Of course, they will promote the manufacturers who advertise with them. Few of these industry lists should be taken seriously. Except when written by me, of course. Then it should be taken as though Moses had come down from Mt. Sinai with new tablets inscribed by god.
Dear Moses,
After more than 2 millennial since you walked the planet I was expecting at least some progress on seeing intelligent, thoughtful, reasonably balanced writing.
Silly me, we are still on Earth and talking about Audio writers (other than you of course)!
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
1. Thou shalt trust the one true subwoofer and speaker reviewer, ShadyJ.
2. Thou shalt not nameth a subwoofer should it not be within -3 dB at 20 hz or lower.
3. Thou shalt not buildeth a subwoofer exceeding 100 lbs.
4. Thou shalt not taketh a ported sub's name in vain by claiming inferiority to music.
5. Thou shalt set thy speakers to small when thou art using a sub.
6. Thou shalt not follow false cable prophets.
7. Thou shalt always choose ported over sealed unless there's no room.
8. Thou shalt not buy subs from DefTech...
9. Thou shalt not defile a subwoofer port.
10. Thou shalt not exaggerate specs and publish honest measurements.

:p :p

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
1. Thou shalt trust the one true subwoofer and speaker reviewer, ShadyJ.
2. Thou shalt not nameth a subwoofer should it not be within -3 dB at 20 hz or lower.
3. Thou shalt not buildeth a subwoofer exceeding 100 lbs.
4. Thou shalt not taketh a ported sub's name in vain by claiming inferiority to music.
5. Thou shalt set thy speakers to small when thou art using a sub.
6. Thou shalt not follow false cable prophets.
7. Thou shalt always choose ported over sealed unless there's no room.
8. Thou shalt not buy subs from DefTech...
9. Thou shalt not defile a subwoofer port.
10. Thou shalt not exaggerate specs and publish honest measurements.

:p :p
@Danzilla31 has repeatedly broken Audioholc commandment #9. I wonder if it’s time for an intervention. :p:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis