Disappointed with Emotiva customer service

M

mojaveron

Audiophyte
Well after a lot of research I decided to purchase the Emotiva Ultra 12 Sub. I ordered it on 7-1-10 and received it on 7-8-10 after unpacking it I went to put the grill on and it did not fit its to small looks like they packaged the Ultra 10 sub grill with it. so I called them on Friday 7-9-10 and they said they would send me the proper grill. well today 7-15-10 I received it and its another Ultra 10 grill with no emblem or pegs. I am not very satisfied with this company right now, this is just unacceptable I am thinking of returning the sub. I have not been able to even use the sub because we have a 5yr old in the house and i don't want to set it up with out a grill. Makes me think about if I should need warranty repairs down the road what kind of service I would receive.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Well after a lot of research I decided to purchase the Emotiva Ultra 12 Sub. I ordered it on 7-1-10 and received it on 7-8-10 after unpacking it I went to put the grill on and it did not fit its to small looks like they packaged the Ultra 10 sub grill with it. so I called them on Friday 7-9-10 and they said they would send me the proper grill. well today 7-15-10 I received it and its another Ultra 10 grill with no emblem or pegs. I am not very satisfied with this company right now, this is just unacceptable I am thinking of returning the sub. I have not been able to even use the sub because we have a 5yr old in the house and i don't want to set it up with out a grill. Makes me think about if I should need warranty repairs down the road what kind of service I would receive.
I don't think a five year old would do much damage to a subwoofer.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
do you have a kid? :D

i'm surprised my kid's LCD tv is still intact with him throwing balls at it.

i do have him trained to stay away from all "dad stuff" but without control, he'd probably kick it in.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Haha, um, no, a 5 year old can kill a sub easily. I remember when I was around that age, my dad had those big old fashioned speakers from the 70's that had a 12' woofer. I was curious about whats inside the woofer, so I took a sharp pencil and made swiss cheese out of the cone!

As for Emotiva, it is a company run by people, and people make mistakes, I would have a little bit more patience. If you have used the sub, and are satisfied with the performance, you might give them one more chance to make it right. However, with a 5 year old running around, a fabric grill may not be enough to protect the woofer anyway. If I were you, I would have purchased a down-firing subwoofer, just to be safe.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
"Disappointed with Emotiva customer service".

I have been saying this for 4 years!!!!!

and YES...tie the kid to a chair...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I would imagine that someone from the audioholics site will come defend this to no end....

Honestly though, give em another chance - I'm sure they'll set it right...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had excellent experience with their customer service, so YMMV. Can't really defend them for sending the wrong thing, but the subwoofers are a completely new product for them so the kinks aren't ironed out of the works for those products apparently.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Tie the kid in a chair till he's older. :D
Hah...lol...and look how you turned out:p.

I would never underestimate the curiousness of a young child because years ago mine stuck her little finger in the seal and drew a circle around the driver...;). Issues do crop up from time to time with everything we buy but some companies you should just stay away from...JMO.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's little you can do to keep small children from damaging your gear and as mentioned, a grille may stop some curiousity, but it won't prevent damage. That's on you.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a story about how you had a defective product and they were blowing you off. Although getting the wrong grill twice can be maddening, it could be that they just have something mislabeled in their warehouse. That kind of mistake can happen. As long as they cheerfully help you out, I wouldn’t write them off just yet.
As far as the statement, “I don't think a five year old would do much damage to a subwoofer.” I can only guess that that was a joke. My one year old girl is already “cruizin for a bruizin”, as we used to say.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
On the kid front....

5 years old isn't as bad as 3...

When my daughter was 3 she got in to the peanut butter and preceded to spin around the living room covering my Vandersteens and 55" RP TV with PB...:eek:

What a mess that was...

F

fredk

Audioholic General
How do you know its the grill?

I would measure both the post holes and the grill and email emotiva with both to see where the issue lies.

If it is the grill, ask them to verify with an existing speaker before sending another to you.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The Emotiva fanboys are going to be looking for you. :eek:

M

mojaveron

Audiophyte
Well we called the company friday and talked to someone from management and he assured us that he would personally handle it and send out the proper 12 inch grill and 2 day FedEx it to me. so it should be here Tuesday.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a story about how you had a defective product and they were blowing you off. Although getting the wrong grill twice can be maddening, it could be that they just have something mislabeled in their warehouse. That kind of mistake can happen. As long as they cheerfully help you out, I wouldn’t write them off just yet.
If he'd bought one of those egg shaped subs in the first place, he wouldn't be having these problems.:D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
If he'd bought one of those egg shaped subs in the first place, he wouldn't be having these problems.:D
I could have BOUGHT an egg shaped sub?! WTF?! I almost broke my back building that sucker. I still walk funny in the mornings.:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis