Digital Projection Adds New 3D Projector

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
At least we get a price on this one... Under $19,000 :eek: On the other hand 5,500 lumens will probably do a pretty good job on the average 200"+ screen!

DP and ProjectionDesign are both releasing some nicer 3D stuff, but I'm hoping that BenQ, InFocus, and Optoma will have some nice 1080p 3D DLP product to show this week which is in the realm of us mere mortals.

Hopefully we will see 1080p LCD 3D hit the market as well, but I've heard there are some engineering issues with 3D LCD. Not sure what that means for consumers as the AE4000 has been leading the way for a while.

Link to their news release:
http://www.digitalprojection.com/news/newsletters/archive/dpconn/dpconn09_10.htm

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Hopefully we will see 1080p LCD 3D hit the market as well, but I've heard there are some engineering issues with 3D LCD. Not sure what that means for consumers as the AE4000 has been leading the way for a while.
Can you expound on this (if you know)? Does it have anything to do with lower fill ratio combined with the two subframes inherent to active shutter tech?

Have you heard about the JVC 3D PJs? They're slated for release. I think they are Euro models, but will be presented at CEDIA.

Entry level model : JVC DLA-X3 3999 euro

High end model JVC DLA-X7 6999 euro

Ultra high end model JVC DLA-X9 9999 euro

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I've heard very little about 3D LCD, but when I went to Infocomm they were talking about Epson releasing a new chip to handle 3D and running into issues with it. Beyond that I'm just not sure.

There is going to be a new reflective chip released from Epson along with 3 projectors to go along with it, but they haven't specified 3D compatibility, but it is possibly there as well...

http://www.projectorreviews.com/blog/2010/09/17/epson-home-cinema-21000-and-pro-cinema-31000-61000-projectors/

This is the week we will really find out what front projection will have to offer in 2010 and into early 2011 for sure. If we don't hear about it this week, then we are probably waiting another year for 3D front projection at any reasonable price.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis