TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Sometimes when you overdrive a woofer, the cone assembly can overexcurt causing the voice coil to "bottom out" and get damaged. That is just one explanation for the noise you are hearing but all of the possible problems can be solved by reconing by a reputable, CV authorized recone center.
Check out The Speaker Exchange for all your reconing, refoaming, parts and speaker hardware needs.
Dear Cathy,
Nice to know of your business, and you did not bad mouth the competition. I should caution you that there is a ban on commercial posts on these forums, and you post at least goes up to the line. I'm not personally bothered, and it is good to know you are around.
However, I guess the ethical thing to do is get an add on these forums, after all that pays the bills. Also you could advertise in Audio xpress. The latter is the very best way to sell parts to the DIY community.

Judging by some of the posts I've seen here, I think there will be work for your business. Once a vendor establishes a good relationship with a few members, then the members will do your advertising for you. Just look at Blue Jeans Cable.

Feel free to PM me so we can exchange Emails and stay in touch.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Definitely sounds like using a good reconer/coiler is the way to go...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis