Did a reaquaintance exercise with my receiver

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Today's AVRs are so feature rich that its almost impossible to remember everything the firt read through. So yesteray I decided to reread through the system memory settings of my RX-V1800 and begun to play with it. My end goal is to have three or four different configuration settings saved in memory based on YPAO and the built in equalizer curves so that I can toggle between them more readily. My first memory setting is my initial YPAO settinga with a pre-equalizer curve set to flat. I will save one for natural, none, and (can't remember the last one. To make it even easier to switch back and forth from the different system memory settings, I programmed my Logitech Harmony 520 with 6 mmeory presets so that its easier for me to toggle. If anyone is interested, I'll post my subjective results as I progress. This is really fun. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got a way to use 4 different EQ presets. There's an auto RTA I can apply to the L&R channels together or separately and I can do the same manually to tie up all 4 positions. The point is that I can't tell my @ss from a hole in the ground regarding my preference. To me they all just sound ... different ... but only with certain parts of any given track ... with some parts of a track the presets sound very similar because the affected frequencies aren't being played. :rolleyes:

This is gonna take up a lot of your time. Is this the basement system at the opposite end of the stairs?
Yep, that's me in the window. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got a way to use 4 different EQ presets. There's an auto RTA I can apply to the L&R channels together or separately and I can do the same manually to tie up all 4 positions. The point is that I can't tell my @ss from a hole in the ground regarding my preference. To me they all just sound ... different ... but only with certain parts of any given track ... with some parts of a track the presets sound very similar because the affected frequencies aren't being played. :rolleyes:

This is gonna take up a lot of your time. Is this the basement system at the opposite end of the stairs?
Yep, that's me in the window. :D
Ya know,,, I thought I felt like I was being watched. next time I'll be doing this NAKED!! :p

I'm not sure what the results are gonna be but I think/hope its gonna be fun

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm very interested in hearing your results since I have the same receiver... I recently re-ran the YPAO since I had a nasty peak at about 250 hz. in my center channel that I couldn't tame with the receivers built in GEQ, but running the YPAO fixed it... the other two curves you couldn't remember are Flat and Front. I just set mine to flat and it sound pretty good, so I left it alone.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Ya know,,, I thought I felt like I was being watched. next time I'll be doing this NAKED!! :p

Please make sure to close the curtains; it will positively affect the sound experience and not distract any of us.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

Is the prequel to Mantown something by the name of Deliverance and it takes place in the 3db basement, this is just useless without pics :eek: :eek:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Just another useless feature I don't use....ran my YPAO set it to natrual and using those EQ parameters they simply sound the best to me ....:)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I need to revisit the YPAO on my RX-V2500. I always thought it was a little aggressive but my system is in a different room now.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Didn't get a chance to do play this evening. WIll try tomorrow evening. Maybe then the razor burn will have eased . :eek:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I reran YPAO for the flat and I ran it for front speaker emphasys and saved them both to memory. While watching a TV show on Greek Mythology, I flipped between teh two memory settings and didn't any difference at all. Going to play spme more hopefully this weekend and get the natural curve saved to memory and then watch a DVD instead of a regular def TV program. Maybe then I'll be able to tell bigger differences.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis