DFW residents, care to recommend an A/C company?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Just turned the A/C on at the house for the first time in awhile, and it smells like mildew. I'm guessing I need to get the coils cleaned or whatever, and don't feel like paying a ridiculous amount of money to do it. Do any of yall have experience with a fairly priced company that does solid work? Thanks :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just turned the A/C on at the house for the first time in awhile, and it smells like mildew. I'm guessing I need to get the coils cleaned or whatever, and don't feel like paying a ridiculous amount of money to do it. Do any of yall have experience with a fairly priced company that does solid work? Thanks :D
Dude...seriously? You know I have a guy...

A&D Services

Talk to David Rademakers
817 312 3333

Tell him I sent you.

He is very honest and reasonable and also teaches at TCJC. He has been having some health issues lately so I don't know how that will play into it.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
He recommended I just let it run for a couple days, and give him a call if that didn't help. Hopefully it does. I've never really had the A/C serviced before >_>

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
He recommended I just let it run for a couple days, and give him a call if that didn't help. Hopefully it does. I've never really had the A/C serviced before >_>
Like I said, he is very honest.

I told him I wanted to get on a regular maintenance schedule and he said that was fine, if I wanted to pay him to go up in my attic and play Angry Birds for an hour, every 6 months, for $150 a pop.

He said there is just no need in doing a maintenance schedule unless your furnace is gas.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I do have a gas furnace, but the regular servicing, even if just once per year, enables you to find problems the season before, and the labor to replace parts is already included. Buying new anything is kind of silly unless the unit is pushing 20 years. If you have all metal ducts, just clean the heck out of it. I do have plastic flexipipe for my downstairs that I'll probably replace one day, but thats it!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I do have gas heat. Only two things are gas - the heat and the water tank. We are pretty ignorant when it comes to home maintenance though.

I bought some bleach and a brush and some other crap yesterday. If the smell persists, I might open up the thing in the attic and start cleaning. Saw some videos on youtube :D If I do a terrible job or it's too awkward to get to, I'll call him back.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This is not typically a big problem. I'm surprised this is the first time you've experience the mildew smell from an AC. It's quite common for some buildup to happen over the winter, but it clears up pretty fast normally. AC air is very dry and cold which pretty much kills anything normally.

You probably don't need a lot of maintenance for a heater in Texas. Hell only freezes over when Jerry Jones hosts a super bowl.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I do have a gas furnace, but the regular servicing, even if just once per year, enables you to find problems the season before, and the labor to replace parts is already included. Buying new anything is kind of silly unless the unit is pushing 20 years. If you have all metal ducts, just clean the heck out of it. I do have plastic flexipipe for my downstairs that I'll probably replace one day, but thats it!
It really depends on the unit. In Texas a new AC unit can save you 100 bucks a month in the summer in an apartment. In a house I'd imagine the savings are even more.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
This is not typically a big problem. I'm surprised this is the first time you've experience the mildew smell from an AC. It's quite common for some buildup to happen over the winter, but it clears up pretty fast normally. AC air is very dry and cold which pretty much kills anything normally.

You probably don't need a lot of maintenance for a heater in Texas. Hell only freezes over when Jerry Jones hosts a super bowl.
Thanks. I've had it before, but never this bad. I'm thinking it's worse because I let another friend move in a few months ago, and she's got a couple dogs. So dog smell plus mildew = gross. I'll see how it is when I get home from work tonight.

It really depends on the unit. In Texas a new AC unit can save you 100 bucks a month in the summer in an apartment. In a house I'd imagine the savings are even more.
Yeah, I'm sure I'll have to replace it before too long. There are a few things I'm planning on doing to the house before my parents move back (if that ever happens). New A/C, new fence, new carpet or flooring, and probably a new washer and dryer. That's a lot of money though. Good thing they don't have any plans to come back any time soon :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I'm sure I'll have to replace it before too long. There are a few things I'm planning on doing to the house before my parents move back (if that ever happens). New A/C, new fence, new carpet or flooring, and probably a new washer and dryer. That's a lot of money though. Good thing they don't have any plans to come back any time soon :D
Dogs definitely can stink.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis