Detailed Question on Denon 5803A and 5900

B

bkincaid

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>A few questions here.

I just bought a AVR5803A. Box it came in was a 5803 with an A sticker added. (pretty hokie, if you ask me) Unit is silk screened as a 5803. (not a 5803A) Denon link connector is labled as Denon Link S.E. (2nd edition). (Funny thing, they added an &quot;upgraded sticker to the front top left corner of the unit). Makes me feel as if I bought something that was done at the last minute.

I also just bought a 5900. (mfg date Sept 2003). Also Denon Link labeled as Denon Link S.E.

Denon gives me different answers as to if I got old stuff that was upgraded, or they were all like this (both 5803A and 5900).

My questions are:

1. Is the Denon Link 3rd edition out?
2. Did I get an old 5803A? Should I return it and get an upgraded model, or are all 5803A's upgraded 5803's with no new silk screening etc..
3. Does the Denon Link cable carry video (as stated in their 5900 manual, or just audio.)
4. Did I get an old 5900, and should I return it and get a newer build?

thanks in advance for any assitance...

Newbie to this high end stuff and want to make sure my money was well spent.</font>

H

happy540i

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>You got the good stuff. There is nothing wrong with it. I'm thinking of upgrading my system with the same setup like yours. I even called Denon and spoke to tech support about the new upgrades. The only reason I have'nt bought mine yet is because I'm waiting for the review of the RX-Z9 to come out. If I'm not mistaken I think Denon link is for audio only.
You have a great setup. Please let me know what you think of it after you hook up everything.
Thanks.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis