Desperately Want a Wireless System

C

caffeine

Audiophyte
Hi all,

I live in a 2 story house with three rooms upstairs (plus a bathroom) and 3 rooms downstairs. I want to have music in every single room of the house. I'm obviously (?) not going to pay $20k, but I'm willing to lay out a big chunk of change to do this.

Wiring speakers in every room is not an option. The house is simply too big and there would be drilling involved.

When I do websearches for wireless speakers, I see small dinky speakers and complaints about quality. It's not that I want perfect audio, but I do want superb audio.

Is wanting superb audio and wireless technology simply not do-able right now? It seems like it ought to be possible. Is it just that nobody has designed such a thing?

Is it possible to have "slave" amps in each room wirelessly connected to a master amp and wire great speakers to the slave amps?

Would a Logitech Squeezebox accomplish this?

Thanks!
Pete

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Check out Sonos. Depending on the number of rooms, it can add up though. I don't care at all about whole house audio, but even I would like to try one as music storage (but don't foresee that happening any time soon). I don't want to hook up a computer to my stereo rig in the LR.

http://www.sonos.com/Default.aspx?rdr=true&LangType=1033

You can buy various bundles. Maybe you can call to negotiate some very big package deal or something. However, I have no idea how their speakers fare, and am certain I would never buy them since I know nothing about them. Therefore, I'd just get the zone players/bridges or whatever.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis