DenonA1UDC1 VS. Oppo 95dvd player

R

ran99

Audiophyte
Which player is the best, will use it for movies mostly.
Sure is a big spread in price..Why is that?

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Are you going to use the analog connections at all for movies? If you are just going to use a HDMI connection, I'd say neither is a very good choice. I'd rather have an Oppo BDP-93 or something cheaper.

The idea of spending $4500 for a universal player is crazy to me unless you have a boatload of money and an aesthetic hard-on for having all matching Denon gear. It's marketed to the same people who have the Denon AVP/DOA seperates.

If I had to pick one of those players you listed, I'd get the BDP-95 and plow the $3500 savings into something that would actually matter, like better speakers/subs, an equalizer, testing gear, room treatments, or source materials :)

Denon A1UDCI Review

Oppo BDP-95 First Look

Oppo-BDP-93 vs. Oppo-BDP-95 Measurements

Oppo BDP-93 Review

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you offer either one to me free I will take the better one, the Denon. If I have to buy it, I will take the Oppo 95 without question, and that's what I did.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
My $2000+ Marantz BD-8002 died. Twice!

I wouldn't buy any Marantz/Denon BD players.

It is a bad @$$ player though, when it's working.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

My $1500 Denon player is now 7 years old and is still in brand new condition with 0 issues. If you give them another chance the odds to have another one die early on you should be almost 0.

95prelude

Audioholic Intern

My $1500 Denon DVD still works till this day. That's 5 yrs in counting. Love the PAL to NTSC conversion part of it. It's also region free so all my Asian PAL disc works on my NTSC lcd.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
My $1500 Denon DVD still works till this day. That's 5 yrs in counting. Love the PAL to NTSC conversion part of it. It's also region free so all my Asian PAL disc works on my NTSC lcd.
Interesting to see that we have some similar gear, some of them the same, such as the MCA20, AV7005. So I am sure you like your setup, now you need to get that Oppo 95.:D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I still have a denon dvd player from 2001 (i think) that works great...but it doesn't do progressive scan or upscaling or anything so it's just sitting unused.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis