Denon Warranty Issues

E

egreen1976

Junior Audioholic
I am about to purchase a Denon 2805 or 2805. I have been looking at pricing and the online dealers are considerably cheaper than those listed on Denon's website. Some online dealers say that these recievers come with full USA warranty. One has gone as far as to tell me that Denon will honor the warranty because they get it from a liscenced distributer. I am VERY wary of this situation. Any advice, or anyone with experience dealing with Denon in this scenerio, would be appreciated?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
When in doubt, check with Denon themselves.

I would also be verry leary of that person who says he gets it from a licensed Denon distributor. AFAICT, he would need to be on himself in order for the warranty to be in effect.

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
Call or email Denon with the Dealers name and ask them.

U

Unregistered

He as much as admitted he was not authorized. Look elsewhere.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
As far as I know Denon or any other Japanese manufacturer Honors USA warranty registration cards and voids any others.
Beware also of flight by night web dealers with very attractive prices.
Agree with the Guys. One phone call to Denon Customer Service will clear this issue for you.

Mr.T

W

waltergonzalez

Audiophyte
warranty

The best thing to do is to get from a well known store like Jr audio, Best buy,
Circuit City etc.
I'm presently going through some issues with my brand new denon receiver that lasted me for almost 2 months and now no one wants to be responsible for the repair my best advice is to spend a little more but have peace of mind
with a reputable store.

J

JeffreyDJ

Junior Audioholic
When I was searching for a Yamaha 2500, I also saw the "full USA warranty" ... When I pushed to find out what that meant it was this: You send it BACK to them durig the warranty peiod if it breaks. Then, one of two things happens depending on the dealer asked:

1. They fix it, or have it fixed. (So they claim)
2. They make the warranty claim as the first purchaser.

V

victoriacoffee

Audioholic Intern
Remember, the warranty you receive from Denon's authorized dealers is much like insurance. You pay a premium in the form of higher price up front in order to protect yourself from high repair costs and hassles during the coverage period. And much like insurance, you don't necessarily have to purchase it if you want to take on all the risk yourself. The choice is yours to make.

I considered the others as well when I was pricing my Denon. But I went with an authorized, reputable dealer for piece of mind and quick warranty work, if needed, down the road.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
The sales dude "told you"? You need the policy in writing, on the vendors website, anything else is sales dude speak.

Whenever possible, buy locally from a reputable dealer. If you dont have a local dealer, there are several longstanding catalog firms (J&R Music World, Crutchfield etc) with websites that are quite good. These companies are fully recognized by the manufacturer and offer fair, consistant prices and policies.

Considerably cheaper is a relative term, I have found the local dealers can and will offer package prices and fairly significant discounts to valued customers, with those the local dealer prices being as good or better than what any online company is willing to offer (even on B Market stuff).

J

Jfconrow

Audioholic Intern
try dbuys.com

I had a good experience: low price, my denon 2105 came with an autherized dealer/denon warrent certificate, and dbuys offers an extended 3yr warenty.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
True. But the key word here is "package".

sjdgpt said:
The sales dude "told you"? You need the policy in writing, on the vendors website, anything else is sales dude speak.

Whenever possible, buy locally from a reputable dealer. If you dont have a local dealer, there are several longstanding catalog firms (J&R Music World, Crutchfield etc) with websites that are quite good. These companies are fully recognized by the manufacturer and offer fair, consistant prices and policies.

Considerably cheaper is a relative term, I have found the local dealers can and will offer package prices and fairly significant discounts to valued customers, with those the local dealer prices being as good or better than what any online company is willing to offer (even on B Market stuff).
Dealers will let go some margin on one item but will need to make something somewhere else in order to stay in business. I doubt that he will match a lowball price from some fly-by-night unauthorized dealer for a receiver alone, but when you add in speakers, source and whatever else you need, the overall price might be closer than you think.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Walter G,

Did you know your response was to a 5 month old post? No matter, I'm glad you did. Just wanted to let everyone know I sent in my Denon 3805 remote for an exchange (I'm under warranty). I had email confirmation to do so via Denon with an SRA number. That was three weeks ago. I cannot get a hold of anyone at Denon via email or phone number to see if they've received it. I sent it priority mail so they should have had it in three days. Does anyone have another phone number to their new Itasca, IL service center (which also services McIntosh and Marantz under D&M Holdings?). The two I have been trying are 630-741-0660 and 630-741-0300. I got a hold of a guy at Denon Professional today, but he said I needed to call the 0300 number which allows you to leave a message (useless) or send a fax or email (useless). I am going to send a fax tomorrow. It's a shame that the actual manufacturer is impossible to get a hold of, and doesn't have a toll free number. Anyone have any recommendations on a good remote for this unit (or want to sell their original 3805 remote) assuming this thing is long gone and lost? Unreal ! ! ! :mad:

J

JeffreyDJ

Junior Audioholic
Try a Harmony H659.

I'm cosidering getting one myself. I know two people who have one that swear by it.

J

JeffreyDJ

Junior Audioholic
Yup, pricey. That's why I'm think the H659 -- can be had for less then $100 if you shop around! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis