gweedo

gweedo

Audioholic Intern
I bought a 3808ci and for some reason I can't figure out how to get the sub working? my towers are carrying all the lows and the sub isn't even pushing air? if I use the speaker setup and set channel level I can here it but after I goto play something its dead? I tired lfe and lfe+main and its the same, although I have no idea what the difference is..

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Denon 3808ci subwoofer info :)

Denon 3808ci subwooofer infor
I bought a 3808ci and for some reason I can't figure out how to get the sub working? my towers are carrying all the lows and the sub isn't even pushing air? if I use the speaker setup and set channel level I can here it but after I goto play something its dead? I tired lfe and lfe+main and its the same, although I have no idea what the difference is..

Nice AVR ;) one of the ones I looked at before buying Marantz SR8002.

(page 5) Connect SW pre-put to a pwered Subwoofer using a RCA cable. Also see page 9.

(page 28) subwoofer mode, manual setup make sure Subwoofer=Yes
(If front is set to small this is automatically set).

page 29 you can set crossover frequency ( any frequencies this number or lower will go to sub).

Only in "DSD direct" or "EXT IN" surround modes ( pages 75-76) will there be no subwoofer output. make sure the surround is not in either of these two modes.

The sub-woofer will also not work in 2-channel mode (page 9) unless you specfiy "LFE+Main" if you want signals to always be sent to the subwoofer. LFE (Low Frequency Effects) see page 31.

One last item, you have builit in equalizer, see page31, make sure that the 63, 125 and 250 frequency bands are not over attenuated ( low value) in the selectable (-20dB to +6dB) range. If they are set around -20db and possible higher you will not hear any subwoofer sounds. If you used auto-setup and had you subwoofer turned up all the way you might get some low values here and will need to adjust them higher.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
gweedo

gweedo

Audioholic Intern
problem may be that center is set to small and fronts are at large but subwoofer =yes?

should I have my center on large? its a def tech 2002? wasn't sure about that one..

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
problem may be that center is set to small and fronts are at large but subwoofer =yes?

should I have my center on large? its a def tech 2002? wasn't sure about that one..
"Large" means a speaker will receive all freqeuencies.

Def Techs -- Nice speakers set CLR 2002 to large ; it has a frequency response of 30-30kHz

Front speakers , set to "small". This will direct to lower frequences(Crossover frequency and less) to the subwoofer. On some speaker systems there are not any subwoofer settings and if you set the speaker to "large" nothing goes to the subwoofer; the system thinks you are telling it that you don't have a subwoofer connected.

gweedo

gweedo

Audioholic Intern
if I set the fronts to small then the center will only go small or none.. still no sub output?

also the manual eq doesn't have an option to adjust the sub cuase its not in there?

---------------------got it..

for some reason the mic setup turned the level on the sub to -12.. after cranking it up to +10 its moving air!! ya.. its a crappy sub anyway, time to upgrade!! lol I am thinking a svs or the supercube.. can get a good deal on the cube but not the svs.. any input would be great..

Last edited:
Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
if I set the fronts to small then the center will only go small or none.. still no sub output?

also the manual eq doesn't have an option to adjust the sub cuase its not in there?

---------------------got it..

for some reason the mic setup turned the level on the sub to -12.. after cranking it up to +10 its moving air!! ya.. its a crappy sub anyway, time to upgrade!! lol I am thinking a svs or the supercube.. can get a good deal on the cube but not the svs.. any input would be great..
Great! Sometimes the auto-setup will do that if the sub volume is turned up high when you run the setup microphone!

Oh, it is better to have the center as small than than the front speakers as large without a sub crossover! Most of the center output is voice and dialog, not bass tones.

Upgrade to an SVS PB10-NSD subwoofer $429. http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-10nsd.cfm

gweedo

gweedo

Audioholic Intern
i was thinkin about a pc-ultra or pb-13 ultra, more the Cylinder type due to the look for my room.. Or the def tech supercube due to already being in love with def tech and the killer emplyoee discount I can get..

pics of the finished product after the 20amp install and couple hour cleanup job this morning..

http://picasaweb.google.com/tank996/HT#5244500354820247618

feedback on setup will be takin also..

thank you....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Looking pretty good.

What's the wire running from the left side to the back?

gweedo

gweedo

Audioholic Intern
usb for my itunes on the laptop..

and thank you..

gweedo

gweedo

Audioholic Intern
its up there on my list, want one more for the blue ray though.. think I need a sub then new surround first.. want to get rid of the bostons or maybe move them to the bedroom setup for a lower end bedroom setup.. need to find a deal on def tech pb2x's x4 to complete speaker buys for a while..

hey Greg are you on the RC forum also??

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You are over thinking it. Just run to BB, get the PS3 and DTs, when you get home, email SVS and have them overnight your sub. Man, it's only money, you can make more.

I have never been on RC forum unless it was some time ago.

gweedo

gweedo

Audioholic Intern
I would love to do that, however the wife unit would have a heart attack!!

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
i was thinkin about a pc-ultra or pb-13 ultra, more the Cylinder type due to the look for my room.. Or the def tech supercube due to already being in love with def tech and the killer emplyoee discount I can get..

pics of the finished product after the 20amp install and couple hour cleanup job this morning..

http://picasaweb.google.com/tank996/HT#5244500354820247618

feedback on setup will be takin also..

thank you....

OH Yes! PB13-Ultra or the Def Tech sub, either very nice ;) Nice clean system setup!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis