S

srhendricks

Audiophyte
I have a Denon AVR-1907 ( 85WPC ), with 12 inch Velodyne VRP1200, Boston VR2 front towers, Boston VRC center channel, and 4 Boston CR67 Bookshelves for the side and rear surrounds.

Three questions:

1) Under the speaker configuration, I have the fronts and center set up as large, but should the bookshelves be set as large or small?

2) What should I set the crossover at?

3) Should the subwoofer be set at LFE only or +main?

Just got these speakers and receiver yesterday, and am slightly unfamiliar with the receiver, so any help would be appreciated

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have a Denon AVR-1907 ( 85WPC ), with 12 inch Velodyne VRP1200, Boston VR2 front towers, Boston VRC center channel, and 4 Boston CR67 Bookshelves for the side and rear surrounds.

Three questions:

1) Under the speaker configuration, I have the fronts and center set up as large, but should the bookshelves be set as large or small?

2) What should I set the crossover at?

3) Should the subwoofer be set at LFE only or +main?

Just got these speakers and receiver yesterday, and am slightly unfamiliar with the receiver, so any help would be appreciated
1. Set all as small.

2. 80Hz.

3. LFE.

Disable the subwoofer's crossover or turn the subwoofer's crossover dial as high as it will go in order to effectively disable it. That is, the crossover on the back of the subwoofer, since you will be using the crossover in the receiver.

A

angstadt530

Audioholic
Yeah, you definitely want all the speakers set to small, that way the sub will handle all the bass.

80 Hz is a good starting point for your crossover, but play around with the setting a bit just to see if another frequency would sound even better.

It doesn't really matter whether you select LFE or +Main since all your speakers will be set to "small", but select "+Main" anyway.

There are some very informative articles under the "Tips & Tricks" menu of the main site; check those out for even more set-up and tweaking advice!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
LFE+Main is what other manufacturers call 'Plus' or 'Double Bass'. It means the subwoofer will play the LFE AND the bass from the front speakers. In order to use it, you have to have the front speakers set to Large and the receiver will either not make the option available if the fronts are set to Small or automatically switch them to Large if you enable it.

Even if you want to try out the double bass setting and set the fronts to Large, you should set all other speakers to Small.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis