M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Bought a Denon 3805 about 14 months ago and have been pleased overall. The remote supplied was one of their early offerings that many people had problems with in various respects. Last week mine, which had operated flawlessly, developed a slight problem. Looking at the warranty information, the remote was only covered for 90 days and the AVR for two years. I contacted Denon customer service, explained the problem, and asked how to go about purchasing a replacement. They told me to send in the remote and they would exchange it for the later model.....at no cost. Sent it to them and received a replacement in under a week. Pretty neat. Above and beyond the call of duty as I was ready to shell out the $150 for a new one.

Thank you Denon.

Mort

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Uh-huh...you and that damn remote...! And you criticized me for being the skeptic! :D Hah! That's called KARMA my friend! Mine is still working perfectly, though I still can't see a damn thing in full daylight! Thank God for the Remote Commander and it's badass Star Trek styling!

Good to hear they treated you right...I'm sure you would've started kickin' arse and takin' names otherwise! :D

Jason

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Glad to hear that it went so smoothly. Situations like yours really do tell what a company's customer service is like, and it's nice to see a well respected company like Denon step up. I agree that replacing the remote is above and beyond expected service as well.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Mine is still working perfectly, though I still can't see a damn thing in full daylight! Thank God for the Remote Commander and it's badass Star Trek styling!
My Denon remote is fine even in bright daylight...for about 3 days. :rolleyes: Then the thing starts to dim down rather quickly. It eats batteries like Mr. Nomas' sub eats children. :eek:

Last edited:
M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
IIRC, there were two models of this thing....one with a black background (when off) like I had and the newer ones with the blue background (that they sent) Never had any problem with batteries (4-5 months was OK by me) but they even sent a new set with the replacement remote...cool :cool:

Of course I had never jotted down any of the control codes from the previous unit (nor hi-lited what I found worked before) but played with it last night and just "learned" everything instead. Seems to do that easier than before but that might just be false memory on my part.

But hey Jason, I still liked the remote.....it just lost the video portion on surround modes. I could still press the areas where the buttons were supposed to be and have it work. It could have been that way a long time since I don't use those DSP modes often. As far as being daylight friendly....some of us have to work during the day ;) (if you call this work)

Mort

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis