G

Gustavo Leite

Audiophyte
On October 21, 2014 I purchased thisDenon AVR-S700W 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Amazon.com LLC website for U$399,00 + Tax and shipping.

As I`m not from USA, I returned to my home (Brazil) few days after the purchase expecting to install my receiver with no worries.

When I started to install the receiver, I notice that after some minutes the receiver shutdown by itself with no reason.

Then I tested and I did all the things in the Denon's website support but it doesn't work.
The issue is, after some minutes it just turn it off. It start to blink the green light when is turn it on and then it shut it down blinking in red.

According to the support this is a kind of protection. But there is no issues regarding installation and is still blinking.http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66/~/the-protect-indicator-comes-on-or-the-on/standby-led-flashes

I called Denon support and they told me that the support is only in USA and I should ship the product to there.

Come on.. The price to ship to USA is insane!

There are so many topics in the internet about this issue. The warranty control is terrible. Denon should be a top factory in terms of product but it is showing exactly the opposite.
U$400,00 in a piece of junk stuck in my home theater furniture

On 23th June 2015 I flew to US just to repair my unit. I went to one of Denon`s repair authorized.

Electronic Laboratory, Inc.

1301 West Copans RoadSuite A4
Pompano Beach , FL 33064
Tel.: (954) 969-2855 Fax: (954) 969-2879

They told me that it took 8 days just for analyse.

Since 23th June 2015 I didn`t receive any other news about the product.

I spent more than $400 in the unit + another trip to USA ($1000,00) just to repair and now I don`t have any clue about when I`m going to receive my money back.

Too waste of time / money and mainly patience

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Now, if you bought it in the country where you lived, you could have repackaged it and sent, or brought, it back and got a new one. Easy peasy. But, I guess you saved a few bucks, right? Was it worth it?

BTW, it's only $300 now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis