Denon receiver ac outlet

95prelude

Audioholic Intern
OK, on the back of my Denon 3808ci there are 2 ac outlets. Now I have 3 Antec AV Veris Cooler, http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=75007 . I want to plug all 3 AV coolers into the Denon. Is it safe to use some sort of extension cable to acomodate all 3 coolers? The coolers don't draw too much power. The reason is that when I want to shut off my receiver I need to have all 3 coolers shut off. The coolers are for my receiver and 2 amps. I also have a PS Audio Juice Bar II lying around, can it be used? I just don't want anything go wrong with my Denon. TIA.

Last edited:
Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
It is safe to plug all three in

The totalt switched power on your Denon 3808ci for the two outlets has a very low total capacity of only 1 amp (see page 22 of your owner's manual) . However you can safely connect the 3 Veris cooling fanas because their total power requirement is only 0.126 amperes.

The power of each Veris coling fan is only 5.04 watts which at 120 volts is only about 0.042 amperes. So it is fine to plug-in So all three of them is only .0.126 amperes. This is very low current and any extension cord even a small gauge lamp extension one would work. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis