F

fastfreddy

Junior Audioholic
I am looking to purchase a Blu ray player with analog outs due to my Denon 3805 does not support HDMI. I am looking at the Denon 2010 at aprice of 799 canadian and a panasonic bd 80 at a price of 499 canadian. The question is the denon going to provide better image and sound quality than the panasonic for the three hundred dollor difference.

Thanks in advance for all opinions.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The PQ between most players right now with BD is more similar than not, so I would say not the Denon is not going to look $300 better. The new Panasonic models are coming out soon though, so you might want to wait a bit for them to hit. Also in your price range would be the Oppo BDP-80 and BDP-83. www.oppodigital.com

F

fastfreddy

Junior Audioholic
Oppo

Thanks for the reply. which of the two OPPO products do you reccomend using with my Denon 3805 the BDP83 or the BDP83SE. These machines look great as I own DVD audios. OPPO recomends the BDP83SE for people with receivers that do not support HDMI. Why is that.

Thanks again I really appreciate this site and your opinion.

Fastfreddy Canada.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the reply. which of the two OPPO products do you reccomend using with my Denon 3805 the BDP83 or the BDP83SE. These machines look great as I own DVD audios. OPPO recomends the BDP83SE for people with receivers that do not support HDMI. Why is that.

Thanks again I really appreciate this site and your opinion.

Fastfreddy Canada.
The BDP-80 is also an option, but it won't appear on OPPO's front page until tomorrow. It will sell for $289US, and since the analog section is based on the 983H player it is likely to be at least as good (if not better than) the analog section in the Panasonic.

The BDP-83 has a very good analog section, but the BDP-83SE was upgraded specifically to further improve analog performance. Since the 83SE's upgrades don't affect the HDMI output, OPPO recommends moving up to the 83SE only if you plan to use the analog output.

Chatta

Chatta

Junior Audioholic
The denon's as players have very good quality and playback even if you dont use scaling.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Panasonic players, although they don't have netflix etc, are the most robust Blu-ray disc players in my tests.
The current models (BD65 and 85) do have Netflix. Apparently, you are behind the times.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis