Denon Main and Zone 2 Power on/off

W

Wes Neal

Audiophyte
Have a new Denon AVR 3300W. Have Zone 2 set up for separate Room Audio and it works fine. My questions is: How do I get the Main Power and Zone 2 Power buttons to sync. On previous model, I could press the main power button on the AVR or remote and both the Main and Zone 2 would turn off or on. On this unit I have to press each button separately to turn all off or on. Is there a setting to have the main button turn all (Main and Zone 2) off and on with just one push of the one main button?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not that I've seen on my Denons (3808 and 4520) but I'd be interested as sometimes I don't realize zone 2 is still on :). Each zone has separate power on/off only that I can tell.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

How much older is the previous model? If there aren’t many years between them, it’s possible the old remote would work on the new model. Ebay is a good source for used remotes.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Have a new Denon AVR 3300W. Have Zone 2 set up for separate Room Audio and it works fine. My questions is: How do I get the Main Power and Zone 2 Power buttons to sync. On previous model, I could press the main power button on the AVR or remote and both the Main and Zone 2 would turn off or on. On this unit I have to press each button separately to turn all off or on. Is there a setting to have the main button turn all (Main and Zone 2) off and on with just one push of the one main button?
If you use the OEM remote, you need to power them separately but if you use most universal remotes, you can add the Zone 2/3 commands to the ON/OFF button macro.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

What highfigh said. Personally I won’t by a receiver unless its stock remote can’t be programmed to run macros.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis