Denon DVD-3930CI Review

mr-ben

mr-ben

Audioholic
...However, I am very very happy to now believe the macroblocking I've seen on certain DVDs is simply recorded on the discs (as some have suggested). But I needed to be certain. I've watched some older DVDs via HDMI that look just great - barely any to none of the macroblocking I've described. I tested my friend's Denon DVD2910 (my old player) at the 2 min 0 sec mark of The Polar Express, and the artifacts were even WORSE. So, that pretty much allowed me to conclude my player is fine. Cheers...
Ronnie - thanks for posting this. Since I also have a 3930Ci and I don't yet have a HDTV to output it to, I've been following your posts wondering if I should test my player with a friend's HDTV before I've had it too long. I'm less worried about it now.

ronnie 1.8

Audioholic
Ronnie - thanks for posting this. Since I also have a 3930Ci and I don't yet have a HDTV to output it to, I've been following your posts wondering if I should test my player with a friend's HDTV before I've had it too long. I'm less worried about it now.
Glad to be of help. And glad that my mad ravings helped someone! ;)

D

Dutchman01

Enthusiast
The 3930 is playing 23 monyjs right now without a single problem.

I'ts a great player.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I have been looking for a deal on one for several months now. I am torn because my BDP1200 and my HDXA2 both provide excellent SD DVD performance. My only real draw is to use Denon Link for an all digital connection for SACD and DVD Audio.

I am glad to hear that both of you are enjoying your players. Maybe someday I will find a deal I just can not refuse.

Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis