Denon DVD-1930ci vs. Onkyo C-S5VL

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
I've had the denon for a while now, but just picked up the onkyo for a ridiculous price. Which one would you guys keep? My wife won't let me keep both. I've read reviews of both and both are good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got a Denon DVD 1920 and I like it a lot. It also plays DVD-A which I don't think the Onkyo does. The 1930 has an advantage over the 1920 in that it's cross over is at 80 Hz as opposed to 100 Hz.

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
Is there no one else with an opinion about either of these players?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, you actually have both of them...what do you think? Do you prefer one over the other?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Assuming they are equal in terms of age and physical conditions, I would keep the Onkyo, or the one that sounds better to you.

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
It's hard to distinguish which one sounds better because I have no effective way to compare them A-B. I have to stop playback, switch RCA's from one player to the next, move the disc from one player to the next and then cue up the same track. By the time I get all that done, I don't believe that I am accurately remembering how the other sounded. As for age, the Onkyo is newer by several years, but only does 2 channel SACD playback and doesn't do DVD-A. However I only listen to two channel with it and currently have no DVD-A discs so neither of those is a big concern.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis