Denon AVR-X3200W Issue

S

Sir G

Enthusiast
Good afternoon Audioholics!!!...been reading these forums for years and have learned a lot and now doing my first post. I recently upgraded my receiver to the Denon AVR-X320W and got it set up with no issues; all sources hooked up to the receiver via HDMI and out to my LG 60LB5800 television via (ARC)HDMI. When playing a video source however, I note that each time I adjust the volume on the receiver I lose video and audio for a few seconds - the actual sequence of events are as follows:
1. While a video source is playing (DVD, Cable TV, Media Player, etc) I will increase or decrease the volume to my taste and the TV screen will go black but I will still hear sound
2. I will then lose sound and then the LG logo will pop up on the screen
3. Both audio and video will be reacquired after about 2 to 5 seconds with no more interruptions unless I adjust volume again.

I have gone through all steps of my setup as well as changed out the HDMi cable with no change in these occurrences. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening and now seek your help with this issue

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is this using ARC or is HDMI control otherwise enabled?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Is this using ARC or is HDMI control otherwise enabled?
The way he has his connections he will not need ARC.

My advice is to make sure CEC is disabled. If that does not do it, he has a bad receiver.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Actually he indicates he has it hooked up via ARC and when I glanced back at his post I missed that....so he does have the HDMI control enabled if he's using ARC and I'd also at least try disengaging it to see if that affects what sounds like an HDMI handshake issue.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Actually he indicates he has it hooked up via ARC and when I glanced back at his post I missed that....so he does have the HDMI control enabled if he's using ARC and I'd also at least try disengaging it to see if that affects what sounds like an HDMI handshake issue.
Yes, I see he does. But he does not need ARC and I agree it should be disengaged. ARC is a real cluster you know what.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Yes, I see he does. But he does not need ARC and I agree it should be disengaged. ARC is a real cluster you know what.
Regarding HDMI interoperability issues, the biggest problem for HD displays are Samsung and LG..
Though they can build an awesome display, they are not HDMI certified and frequently the add their proprietary twist to the CEC HDMI software stack.. Things work great when they are all the same brand but start interfacing using other brands HDMI components and funny things begin to happen.. :(

Just my $0.02... ;)

S

Sir G

Enthusiast
Thanks much for the replies; I had already used one of the optional HDMI ports instead of the ARC port with no change in the situation. I do agree that the LG seem to not play nice with this receiver, as even playing a direct youtube video from the TV and transmitting the sound via an optical cable yielded the same result!!

I will now go into setup and disable CEC as suggested by TLS guy and see what happens.....will post the results later

S

Sir G

Enthusiast
BINGO!!!!....I disabled ARC and the issue is now gone!!!!

Thank you all for the help...you guys are the best!!!!

D

Don Grabski

Enthusiast
I never use ARC or CEC. I like to do my own controlling.
They can and do cause problems

D

Don Grabski

Enthusiast
Should have mentioned that I have a Denon AVR-X6200W, using it with a Samsung 9500 2016 TV

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis