Denon AVR X-3600 vs AVR X-3700

S

sakethsimha

Enthusiast
Hello,

I am very close with buying the AVR X-3600. How is the recently release AVR X-3700? Any significant changes apart from supporting 8K? I have bought a an expensive 4K TV year ago and I dont want to upgrade anytime soon.

LEt me know?

Thanks,
Saketh

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hello,

I am very close with buying the AVR X-3600. How is the recently release AVR X-3700? Any significant changes apart from supporting 8K? I have bought a an expensive 4K TV year ago and I dont want to upgrade anytime soon.

LEt me know?

Thanks,
Saketh
If you're good with not having the 1-8K HDMI slot, the 3600h will be just fine.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello,

LEt me know?

Thanks,
Saketh
Congrats on your AVR3600!

Assuming you bought it.

I'm not one to say never in the Audio/Video world, but there's a good chance I may never own an 8k TV.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Basically the 3700 is just the updated feature versions of the 3600. Main differences are the newer versions of DTS and higher resolution with the 3700's 8k which provides better up scaling (up to 4k 120hz vs 4k 60hz). Depending on what you use it for you wouldn't notice a difference performance wise and currently there is not really any 8k content to really speak of. Good for future proofing.

S

sakethsimha

Enthusiast
Congrats on your AVR3600!

Assuming you bought it.

I'm not one to say never in the Audio/Video world, but there's a good chance I may never own an 8k TV.
Due to the reason that the difference between 4k and 8k is not visible to human eye?

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Due to the reason that the difference between 4k and 8k is not visible to human eye?
I never thought of it that way actually, (I haven't given 8k any thought) but truth be told.

I'm a music head...video not on the same level at all, so I don't need the latest and greatest video. I have three 4k TVs largely because the manufacturers with inventory and pricing more or less forced me to buy a 4k TV. What 4k programming is out there I don't make any special effort to see it now.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
@2channel lover I totally agree. I am all about the music as well.
I've spent more time in the last month watching the weather than I have watching shows lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis