Denon AVR E300 - Netflix - no sound

S

Stephen1991

Audiophyte
I have a Denon AVR E300 with an LG 50LN5700 TV, a Comcast cable box, and a BluRay player - all connected via HDMI. I also have external speakers. When I access Netflix via the LG SmartMenu, I can get a picture but no sound. Can anyone give me advice?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, Stephen. If you only have HDMI connections, then you'll need to use the ARC (audio return channel) capability on the TV and receiver. On the TV side, you'll need to have the HDMI cable running from the receiver connected to the "HDMI IN 1 (ARC)" input. I think that you also need to have "HDMI Control" set to On for the Denon.

Is that how you have it connected?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay...so what have you done to try and get sound? I know that you asked here, but did you try anything before or after your post? Did you check that HDMI control was turned on?

EDIT: Are you using a Redmere HDMI cable to connect the receiver to the TV?

S

Stephen1991

Audiophyte
HDMI control is on. Monoprice HDMI cable. Also tried Rocketfish.

I found if I turn on the LG Simplex I can get Netflix to work, but then I get a blank screen on the TV when I turn on regular TV. I have to then switch input to Cable.

S

Stephen1991

Audiophyte
HDMI control is on. Monoprice HDMI cable. Also tried Rocketfish.

I found if I turn on the LG Simplex I can get Netflix to work, but then I get a blank screen on the TV when I turn on regular TV. I have to then switch input to Cable.
...and I forgot to add, the sound then comes from the TV speakers, not the external speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis