Denon avr-3806 officialy gone...

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
saw that the 3806 is now officially discontinued. That leaves the 2807 then the 4306. I guess we knew it was coming, as the 2 were too close together. Hate to lose the best parts of the 3806 that didn't make the 2807. When does the new line come out?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Taken from hometheaterblog.com....

Follow Up: Denon’s HDMI 1.3 Receivers

Back in November Audio DesignLine unveiled new window some of the first details surrounding (pun intended) Denon’s forthcoming A/V receivers with HDMI 1.3 support, we now have a few more tentative details about the new ‘08’ series of receivers from Denon. It appears as if the receivers will be rolled out in two waves, the first wave in July will include the AVR-4308ci and AVR-3808ci with the AVR-1508, AVR-1708 and AVR-2808 following in September.

Again these are tentative details but should remain accurate baring any last minute launch snafus. The AVR-4308ci ($2,499) will sport four HDMI 1.3 inputs with two parallel HDMI outputs, support for internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD audio decoding over HDMI, auto lip-sync correction, 8-position Audyssey MultEQ, Ethernet & Wi-Fi capabilities for internet radio and presumably support for Windows Media PlaysForSure new window functionality. The 4308 will also support second zone component video output and digital to analog conversion for multi-zone applications.

The AVR-3808ci (also tentatively expected in July) will retail for $1,599 and features four HDMI 1.3 inputs, support for internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD audio decoding over HDMI, auto lip-sync correction, 6-position Audyssey MultEQ, Ethernet connectivity and again presumably support for Windows Media PlaysForSure. The 3808ci also supports digital to analog conversion for multi-zone applications. Both the AVR-4308ci and AVR-3808ci are said to have had their on-screen graphical interfaces redesigned as well.

The second wave of receivers in September will include the AVR-1508, AVR-1708 and AVR-2808 (no pricing as yet). The AVR-1508 AVR-1708 will support HDMI 1.3 but ‘switching mode’ only, in a nutshell that means that they will support HDMI audio, ‘Deep Color’ and 1080p pass-through but not internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD processing, although you can still achieve lossless audio from Blu-ray and HD DVD output as PCM from the players over HDMI.

The AVR-2808’s HDMI 1.3 path is said to offer the same functionality as the AVR-4308ci and AVR-3808ci, i.e. internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD decoding as well as auto lip-sync correction. Good stuff indeed, I can’t wait to get my hands on the AVR-3808ci.

B

BabelFish

Full Audioholic
where did you read that the 3806 was officially discontinued?? I have been waiting for the 3808 for some time now.. maybe things are starting to happen!!! yeah baby!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Stores around me are selling the 3806 at discounted prices saying its been discontinued for a while. I bought mine at more than half off new because of a "managers special" where they said they were clearing stock worked out for me since a receiver I liked that converted everything to hdmi originally wasnt in my price range with the speakers I got.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Christmas could be an expensive endeavor this year for people waiting to upgrade. It looks like we may be getting to a good point in the technology shifts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis