Denon AVR-3311 HDMI connection issue

T

Tuomas Arvo

Audiophyte
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and actually found it while trying to find answer to my current issue with Denon AVR-3311 amp.
I tried to search around the forums for similar problem but couldn't find anything that was describing same symptoms I have.

Maybe someone here knows what's going on.
I have few things connected to my Denon amp: Apple TV, Mac Mini and PS3. For some reason ATV and Mini seems to work just nicely carrying audio and video through but PS3 doesn't. I have tried different HDMI cables and all HDMI ports in Denon but no picture. When I turn PS3 on it tries to "hand shake" but ends up blinking lights on the left side of the amp screen. Picture nor audio never comes through. Then I reseted my PS3 and finally got the picture - but in 576p resolution only. I tried to changes it back to 1080p from PS3 menu but after 30sec test period it always came back to only 576p.
I took my PS3 to bedroom where I have Denon AVR-X1000 and hooked it up. Got the same 576p resolution and managed to change it to 1080p. So I would say that PS3 is working just fine.

I have tried Apple TV on several HDMI ports and it works like it always does. Also connected Mac Mini directly to TV and it works too as well as PS3 directly to the TV.

So I think it is safe to say that the Denon AVR-3311 is to blame here.

This all started when I bought a new TV and was trying to make ARC work between Philips TV and my Denon AVR-3311. I tried all sorts of things and finally ended up returning the TV and getting something else.
I tried to achieve the same ARC functionality on the new LG TV but with no avail. That's when these problems started.

I have performed the factory reset or "Microprocessor reset" but it didn't help either. Someone suggested that broken HDMI card might be causing this and that new one would cost about €500.
Anyone around here who knows more about Denon amps?

Thank you in advance,
Tuomas

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis