Denon AVR-3311, audio cutting out.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Hey guys,

Lately (within the past couple of days), my AVR's audio has been cutting out (very frequently, when I first turn it on.) I first had noticed it with my computer (which the receiver is connected to via SPDIF.) It kept switching from Digital to Analog and wouldn't lock down to the digital signal. I could get it working again if I switched sources to another digital source like my Playstation, and then back again. It'd be fine.

Last night, I was playing a record (which, I figured I should have no problem with, as it's an analog singal), and the audio was cutting in and out again. I did a firmware update (it has been telling me that there's one, for some time now, but I've just been ignoring it. It's been telling me long before this issue.) and it seemed to be fine again. I don't think that has solved the problem though.

It is not going into protect mode.

Nothing has changed as far as the setup, or wiring goes, for a whole year, except for new HDMI cables, but those wouldn't have anything to do with the PHONO input, so I'm ruling them out.

I don't think the machine is under warranty, so I might be shopping for a new AVR in a bit, it seems.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't seem good. Did you buy it refurbished?

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
:( I figured you'd say that. Ahh man, I really don't want to have to buy another one if I don't have to.

I didn't buy it refurbished, though I will say that for the first few months I had it, it would freeze up randomly. I just ignored the lock ups, and they seemed to fix themselves.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
I might try a microprocessor reset tonight. I'll keep you guys posted.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
So, apparently the firmware update inexplicably has fixed whatever was going on in there, as it hasn't done it since. Also, though, my girlfriend and I broke up yesterday, so maybe she was cursed?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis